News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who wants to take a stab?

Started by wolf39us, January 14, 2015, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Alright who would like to take a stab at this guy? 

You know you want to!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/2269073-creation-evolution-33.html#post38013256

You should see me talking to this guy his username is Eusebius.  He is officially super bat shit crazy :-)

Post #327

Feel free to go back to read the whole thing

Solitary

Just another person that is confusing Creation with evolution because they don't understand evolution, and using the God of the gaps in our knowledge argument. This is the fallacy of Argumentum Ad Ignorantiam, or because something is not known to be true, it assumed to be false. It is also a fallacy of Slothful Induction, or the conclusion of a  strong argument is denied despite the evidence to the contrary. This is an example of a neurotic that can't think rationally, or just wants to win an argument at any cost, including the truth. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

The Big Bang has nothing to do with evolution.

Abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution.

Genesis has nothing to do with evolution.

That's three strikes. Take a seat.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Quote from: Solitary on January 14, 2015, 10:53:46 AM
It is also a fallacy of Slothful Induction, or the conclusion of a  strong argument is denied despite the evidence to the contrary.
Very slothful indeed.  None the less, I'd never heard of that fallacy.  I had to look it up.  I learn something everyday.  Well, maybe not everyday.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

PickelledEggs

ALSO:

Ask him about what he knows about inbreeding and show him examples of how inbreeding is harmful to genes (like that tiger with downs syndrome)

He's a moron and usually you can't fix stupid. But if you're lucky it's just one of those cases where he really didn't think about it and still can.

Or at least if you can't get him thinking logically, at least make him look stupid and get everyone else on his case; ask him if he believes that the story of adam and eve is true, does he believe that there were nephilim giants and unicorns too?

aitm

arguing with fundies is like wiping your ass with one square of toilet paper. You know its not going to work but you have to try. You'll end up with more shit on you than them.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

doorknob

yeah clearly doesn't understand evolution. Just like my dad who can't understand why we still have monkeys. He's not a fundamentalist he's just red neck stupid.I love him any way

PopeyesPappy

Thanks a lot, Wolf. I lost 9 IQ points just opening that thread.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.