News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheist presuppositions?

Started by SNP1, January 10, 2015, 09:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

Yeah well he's not that interesting to talk to. So that would be a no for me.

GrinningYMIR

Quoteasked so many times any one guide me I'm new member!! at here !! no any personal guide to me here!! you can checking my posts ! "Admin" Is this correct and you not send me also any massage? so many forums did that it , and you send warring the red color that also not clear when we make post ! you should be make clear give as like as signal,, Any way I get have nice day and thank's O:-D

Nope, DUST HIM!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Solitary

Finally! I had my Doubts about him on his first post. Trolls always think they are so cute, Like a drunk comedian.  :axe: So far we've only had one that made any sense at all, and she may have been cute with a big nose.  :liar:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Aaah, peace.. not the fairytale silly kind, more like the glow from some good drugs kind of peace.

Funny, normal trolls are easy to figure out. Religious trolls though, thats another kind of fish altogether, I mean they are trolling, but doing so in some deluded sense of self righteousness, so they both know they are trolling, but same time believe it is the work of there lawd to do so.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Sal1981

Quote from: SNP1 on January 10, 2015, 09:44:29 PM
Now, what presuppositions are there for atheism?
Only one.
It might be possible that the universe can exist without a god.

I hate the word 'presupposition'. Atheists, as far as the definition holds, take nothing for granted - not even a god existing or not. It's simply a position of unbelief; nothing presupposed, nothing "before the fact".

Presuppose a god doesn't exist; then, it changes nothing about the position of an atheist - s/he still does lack a belief in a god.

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 15, 2015, 06:21:39 AM
I hate the word 'presupposition'. Atheists, as far as the definition holds, take nothing for granted - not even a god existing or not. It's simply a position of unbelief; nothing presupposed, nothing "before the fact".

Presuppose a god doesn't exist; then, it changes nothing about the position of an atheist - s/he still does lack a belief in a god.

I was uncomfortable with the OP, but partly because it seemed like an odd or irrelevant question.  "Presupposition" is what I would call an "awkward" word.  How is a presupposition different from just a plain supposition?  Suppositions by nature are generally the pre stage one is in before starting a rational process of thought.  It would be like "pre-getting ready" or "pre-before beginning"