Nuts and Ducks and Championships OH MY!

Started by Brian37, January 02, 2015, 06:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

The College National Championship is set now for next week. I be rooting for my Mommy's all- me -matter, O- HI -O State Buckeyes, when they play the Oregon Ducks.

Watching the Sugar Bowl last night it really looked early on like Ohio was going to let that get way out of hand against Alabama.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

aitm

Oregon blew up Fl st but the second game was pretty entertaining. This is going to be a good match-up. I do think that Oregon may surprise us again, not by a lot but I think they pull it out.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

The first college football game I payed attention to on the radio was the Rose Bowl game (umteen years ago--or longer) between Ohio St. and Oregon.  Oregon lost--I've hated Ohio St. ever since.  So, it would be nice to see Ohio St. go the way of Florida State.  (On the other hand, any team who beats Alabama--any school in the state--is my kind of team--so kudos Ohio St. for that!) Not really much of a college football fan, but will follow either Oregon team if they do well. 

ABBA, on the other hand--the most successful Viking invasion of all time!  I'll always be a fan-atic; grandparents from Sweden.  And the music is great!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

I live in Columbus and went out of my way to avoid both the playoff and the game... so of course on the bus ride home from work that night, COTA dispatch was keeping the drivers updated on the game, which they then announced over the PA system.  I'm just glad I don't live near campus anymore.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan