100 arrested for doing the harlem shake in Saudi Aribia

Started by Wheatthins, March 01, 2013, 04:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheatthins

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-931148
And for once in my life, I'm going to agree fully with the Islamist extremist faggots.  This meme is retarded and deserves the lash.

[mod:1mu0forq]Please do not add URL bbcode without adding a description[/mod:1mu0forq]
I don\'t see alot of good or evil in the world, mostly just confused people.

Agramon

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Minimalist

I was more amazed to see that there is a Krispy Kreme in Saudi Arabia.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Poison Tree

Quote from: "Agramon"[ Image ]
^ this

gangnam style was kind of annoying after a while, but at least there was a recognizable song and dance, not just pulsating and screeching.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Brian37

Quote from: "Wheatthins"http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-931148
And for once in my life, I'm going to agree fully with the Islamist extremist faggots.  This meme is retarded and deserves the lash.

[mod:ijnw9g2p]Please do not add URL bbcode without adding a description[/mod:ijnw9g2p]

Why, because others like music you don't? I know you are being sarcastic, but seriously, look at my avatar and know who you are dealing with.

I don't think "I don't like it" constitutes violence. You know that so this really isn't as funny as the implication you want to infer.

And what is with the use of "faggots" as if being gay is a crime?

You dont like that music. I get it. But referring to them as "faggots" when the crime is abuse of the people listening to the music they don't like, that is what you should object to, not the music itself you don't like.

Humans should not be physically assaulted for any reason if they are not attacking you. Not liking what they like is not an excuse to placate arrest or assault or stereotypes.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Jmpty

[mod:jixmgj8j]Please do not add URL bbcode without adding a description[/mod:jixmgj8j]

I think you meant to say niggers, or ragheads, or Camel jockeys, because I don't think that most of them are Fags.

Jerk.
???  ??

Shiranu

First: Haters gonna hate. Some shake videos are rather funny.

Second: I expect this from Arabia...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Thumpalumpacus

[mod:3hl0jbag]Please do not add URL bbcode without adding a description[/mod:3hl0jbag]

Be happy they don't punish shitposting.
<insert witty aphorism here>

pr126

I had to look up on Youtube to find out what this Harlem shake is about.
Pretty stupid really. But, whatever floats your boat.

On a serious side, young Muslims are finding out that there is life outside Islam.
And that is a good thing.

SilentFutility

If this is true then it really is sad and seems pretty orwellian that young people are arrested for doing a silly dance.

On the other hand, this report seems to have been uploaded by a user so there's no guarantee that it is authentic.

Farroc

Good. Another cheesy flash mob gone. =D>  Hey everybody, I just felt the world get lighter! We've lost a terrible flash mob! You know, I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. Sorry. I don't like flash mobs. Sue me.(Please don't really sue me! :( )
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Poison Tree

Quote from: "SilentFutility"If this is true then it really is sad and seems pretty orwellian that young people are arrested for doing a silly dance.

On the other hand, this report seems to have been uploaded by a user so there's no guarantee that it is authentic.
I don't know specifically about this Saudi case, but apparently the Harlem Shake has become a point of contention in other Muslim countries, and I can't see SA being more tolerant (though arresting 100 people at a time seems like it would need more time for police coordination then I would have thought the dance would have allowed for).
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Jmpty

From the comments section of the story:

Comments (1)Log in to comment
iReport welcomes a lively discussion, so comments on iReports are not pre-screened before they post. See the iReport community guidelines for details about content that is not welcome on iReport.

jagex123

February 28, 2013
This report is 100% fake, infact I was there for this harlem shake, and the police did not arrest anyone at all. It seems that this report has something to do with ruining the image of Saudi Arabia. And not only that, but it also states in the report that Al-Arabiya was against this harlem shake. However, it is clearly known that Al-Arabiya stands with anything that supports freedom. Al-Arabiya is a channel...
???  ??

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "leo"The religion of peace .

What was unpeaceful?
<insert witty aphorism here>