Religious Conversion 'Therapy' Claims Another Victim

Started by FieryLocks, January 01, 2015, 08:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

QuoteA transgender Ohio teen walked in front of an oncoming truck and was crushed to death on Sunday morning, leaving behind a suicide note that has resonated around the world and led to calls for a federal law to protect other transgender adolescents.
“After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was,” Alcorn wrote, telling of her battle with her deeply religious Christian parents as she struggled to find her identity.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/transgender-teens-suicide-note-inspires-new-calls-to-help-others/

Another beautiful human being snatched from the world because of intolerance, bigotry, and religion. Sickening.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

Jason78

No mention in the article as to which organisation was responsible for this. 
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

When we here reports of a young Christian who committed suicide because his gay atheist parents made him stop believing in god, then Christians get the right to call out feelings of oppression
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Aletheia

Yeah, I read about this the other day. Read the suicide note, read the mother's smug remark on facebook about the death of her "son" who was out for a morning walk and is now in heaven, and read the mother's responses to the backlash where she blamed the "trany bitches" for putting such thoughts in her "son's" head.

I do wish she'd stuck around. There was another transgender M-F I remember seeing on youtube a while back. Her family didn't support her either, so she started a beauty tips show on youtube. The money she raised was used to pay for her hormone treatment. Since she was able to start the transition early enough, she was turning out to be a very beautiful young lady.

It's easy to conceal being bisexual, but it is not easy trying to conceal being transgendered. However, this girl didn't die due to religion. She died because her mother wanted her child to conform to her own ideals. Religion was just a convenient excuse for her to use. Had she been nonreligious, I fear the mother would've used some other convenient excuse to force her will on her daughter. It's obvious she didn't give a damn about her child's feelings, hopes, or dreams. All that mattered was the mother's appearance in her community and her transgendered daughter was a huge blemish on that image.

This was child abuse, nothing more.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

SGOS

Quote from: dtq123 on January 01, 2015, 10:15:34 PM
And they're the ones who are oppressed.  :wall:
But good people that they are, they were only trying to save her soul from a fiery Hell.

The Skeletal Atheist

Congrats: your "son" isn't some girly boy tranny anymore, "he's" a fucking corpse amidst the billions of corpses that already litter the earth. Grade A parenting there.

What pisses me off more than anything that the fucking bitch will probably never take responsibility for what happened.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Munch

The mother actually made a joke about her death, and blamed others for it..

I don't think words can be spoken for what I think of such a person
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Munch on January 02, 2015, 12:37:20 PM
The mother actually made a joke about her death, and blamed others for it..

I don't think words can be spoken for what I think of such a person
It seems that a bit of baseball bat therapy is in order.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Aletheia

I think this sums up most of the problems the transgender community faces.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

ThatOneGuy

How religion continues to live in 2015 is beyond me

It's a crime against humanity by every definition. It kills, and it tricks innocent people into wasting their lives obeying an imaginary celestial dictator.
Hey! Preachers! Leave them kids alone!