Finally a better way to track scientific pubished papers

Started by bericks999, December 30, 2014, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bericks999

https://sciencescape.org/
QuoteRated one of the top 10 innovations of 2014 by the publication "The Scientist", Sciencescape, which offers a “Twitter-like experience,” according to Molyneux, allowing users to browse their personalized news feed of newly published papers that fall into any of the categories they choose to follow. To date, there are more than 50 million such categories, including specific topics, researchers, genes, diseases, proteins, journals, and more, collated by sophisticated text-mining techniques. Eventually, Molyneux hopes to even include categories corresponding to geographical places, buildings, institutes, and specific materials and methods.

“It basically replaced all of my previous literature-associated methods, which [were] sort of cobbled together between PubMed alerts and RSS feeds and things like that,” says Jonathan Coloff, a postdoc in Joan Brugge’s lab at Harvard Medical School.

The site, which is free to academics and currently boasts around 170,000 users, launched in beta form in November 2013, and in October of this year rolled out its latest version.

... I swear, one day religion is going to physically poison me to death.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hakurei Reimu

I'm down with a free science fix. I hope they have a daily digest form, though. Being updated every second is not me.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu