News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

So that Pi-Top thing, then?

Started by the_antithesis, December 27, 2014, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Let's hear from the techonati on this.

Basically, it's a kit you can buy that you build yourself to make a Raspberry Pi-powered laptop. I'm sure for the price I could get a more powerful netbook with a smaller form factor, but that's not important. I'm interested in learning how to build shit like this myself. Is something like this a decent in or should I look elsewhere?

doorknob

it's never a bad thing to learn how to build stuff. And if you're willing to sacrifice power for knowledge that's fine. personally I'm a power monger.

Any how an assembled laptop is a nightmare of hidden screws and a maze to get back together afterwards. Unless you really know what you are doing I'd have them professionally cleaned once a year. I clean mine myself but lets just say I have a lot more screws that I have no idea where they went now. My laptop is a little less stable because of it. I clean mine out more than once a year though because I have kids that like to put it directly on carpet or on covers. Not good at all. I keep telling them but they don't listen. Also the reason I gave them my shitty laptop. LOL