Obama dissing Republicans about budget cuts!

Started by Farroc, March 01, 2013, 11:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farroc

Hey, there's a special report on most major networks right now(ABC, CBS...) from Obama who is basically just blaming the upcoming budget cuts on the republicans in congress. You guys seeing this? I haven't really been paying attention to politics lately, so I'm not really sure what to make of it. How are you guys taking it?

EDIT:Obama:"I should do a Jedi Mind Meld with these people..." I didn't catch who he was talking about, but mixed references are not cool Obama! [-X  [-(  Jedi is Star Wars and Mind Melds are Star Trek!
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

SGOS

Quote from: "Farroc"Hey, there's a special report on most major networks right now(ABC, CBS...) from Obama who is basically just blaming the upcoming budget cuts on the republicans in congress. You guys seeing this? I haven't really been paying attention to politics lately, so I'm not really sure what to make of it. How are you guys taking it?

Yeah, there's a flap right now.  Bob Woodward accused Obama of changing the goal posts during negotiations, and someone in the administration sort of threatened him for printing that.  Obama wants tax increases, or so he says.  I'm not sure he really does, but I do think he'd like  to pin the sequester on Republicans.  I don't know if we need tax increases or not.  Some say the deficit is not that big adjusted for inflation.  I don't know.

If we got ourselves into this jam because we've spent too much, then it seems reasonable to have both spending and tax cuts.  Intuitively, if it's true this is all about our past profligate spending, then it seems like it's time to pay for it.

I do believe that current flap is not about finding solutions.  It's about trying to give the opposition a bloody political nose.  I have no faith in Republicans or Democrats doing anything to solve long term problems.  Republicans are at an advantage, I think.  They can blame Obama for spending, refuse to raise taxes, run the economy into the ground, and blame Obama.  They have no political incentive to make things better.  The worst that could happen to them is that things get better.  They can't really lose.

bennyboy

I'm not a big fan of Obama.

That being said, any political party that sees opportunity in inflicting harm on the popluation must not be allowed to govern that population.  Clearly, the Republicans are doing everything they can to prevent Obama from doing any good in his presidency.
Insanity is the only sensible response to the universe.  The sane are just making stuff up.

Alaric I

Quote from: "bennyboy"I'm not a big fan of Obama.

That being said, any political party that sees opportunity in inflicting harm on the popluation must not be allowed to govern that population.  Clearly, the Republicans are doing everything they can to prevent Obama from doing any good in his presidency.

At the same time Obama is doing nothing that a President should do.  Instead of trying to reslove this shit with the sequester he is still for some reason on the campaign trail.  Why has he not sat down with the Congress and tried to come up with solutions unstead of pointing fingers?

Brian37

Obama did not ditch the economy, that is like blaming the janitor for the massive amount of shit you clogged the toilet with.

We would not be in this position if it were not for the reckless works of Bush. PERIOD
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Alaric I

Quote from: "Brian37"Obama did not ditch the economy, that is like blaming the janitor for the massive amount of shit you clogged the toilet with.

We would not be in this position if it were not for the reckless works of Bush. PERIOD

You can go further back than that.  Trying to blame this shit on one person is a farce.  This is years of mishandling by a government that is too much about trying to prove their party superior instead of actually doing something for this country.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Alaric I"
Quote from: "bennyboy"I'm not a big fan of Obama.

At the same time Obama is doing nothing that a President should do.  Instead of trying to reslove this shit with the sequester he is still for some reason on the campaign trail.  Why has he not sat down with the Congress and tried to come up with solutions unstead of pointing fingers?

At what point during Obama's presidency has Republicans in Congress shown they're remotely willing to work with him or other Democrats in Congress? I must've missed it.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Alaric I

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"At what point during Obama's presidency has Republicans in Congress shown they're remotely willing to work with him or other Democrats in Congress? I must've missed it.

You must have, seeing how they did it a couple of months ago.  This is what I'm talking about, trying to prove who has the superior party.  Spoiler alert** NEITHER are. They both suck big fat donkey cock.

Plu

I don't often hear news reports of the republicans willing to work with the president. What kind of things have the republicans been willing to work with him on? With "willing to work" meaning "willing to compromise", not "do exactly as we say or we'll fight you all the way"