As If 19 Kids And Counting Wasn't Bad Enough

Started by FieryLocks, December 21, 2014, 11:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

The 'Learning' Channel (TLC) or The Lunatic Channel as I like to call it, has a new show called 'My Husband Is Not Gay' due to air in January. It features gay Mormon men who marry women. It's bad enough that they have a show with the Quiverfull kooks The Duggars, who just recently made hateful and bigoted anti-LGBT robo-calls in Fayetteville, Arkansas to help stop a measure banning discrimination against LGBT people. Now they are going to air a program that shows another religion that marginalizes LGBT people. Don't marry who you truly want to marry, marry someone the church says you should marry and be miserable living a life that's a lie. So sad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NccyqI4L2EE
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/tlc-special-my-husband-is-not-gay-to-feature-gay-mormon-men-who-marry-women/
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

PickelledEggs

It's really horrible that pre-concieved beliefs do this to people.... :(

Hydra009

Wait wait wait.  He's sexually attracted to the same sex (gay) and married to the opposite sex, essentially doing the straight married life thing while also being very much into dudes.   And gay marriage is the thing that's ruining the sanctity of marriage?  :think:

Mermaid

I would like to think the American population is too smart to take anything like this seriously and that it will only highlight the bigotry, hate, and idiocy of sexual orientation reprogramming, but I am not that naive. Instead, I think this will fail because it's just not that interesting.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

As a side note, The Learning Channel has apparently turned into the 'MUURICA! channel.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

GrinningYMIR

Sometimes you see something that people do and you sit back and say "wow.." Other times you say "That's fucked up" This is both of those.

Trying to deny your sexual orientation is hard/bad enough, forcing a marriage where you'll never be attracted to your husband/wife is worse. Making it into a reality show? That's fucked up, which is apparently the new norm for the US. Depressing
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

kilodelta

It really sounds like they're bi and not plain gay.

I think it would be awesome if a "gay" guy in the show ends up making out with some Mormon religious leader. I'm sure they'd show that.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Solitary

I hate labels! I'm married to a straight woman, and fell in love with a lesbian that felt the same way about me. Who in the hell makes up these rules were suppose to follow and decides what is normal?  I'm attracted to good looking men, gay or not, but I don't want to sleep with them, just like I am to anything that is pleasing to my eye. I personally find most lesbians and gay men to be more interesting and intelligent than straight people. I also find men hating Bull Dykes to be unattractive like brutish macho men, or winey bitchy gay men. And of course I would be classified as gay or bi by so-called experts, even though I'm just androgynous. I love women period!  :syda: :flowers: :drool:  :kiss: :tongue: :wink:  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

The Skeletal Atheist

Time to head up to Utah with my Grindr up and loaded.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

PickelledEggs

LOL Skeletal is on a mission. #nohusbandleftbehind2015

Deidre32

Maybe it's just contrived. I don't buy into all these reality shows as being entirely 'real.' We'll see.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Munch

As a red blooded gay brit, I'm often embarrassed to think gay guys like this exist. It's on par with someone of Jewish decent support the Nazi party.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Johan

Quote from: Deidre32 on December 22, 2014, 11:11:23 PM
Maybe it's just contrived. I don't buy into all these reality shows as being entirely 'real.' We'll see.
They're not at all real. In my professional flying days I did some work for one of those shows. Got my name in the credits and everything. In the final show, the main character called and ordered the plane a day or two before I arrived. In reality I was booked on that job six weeks in advance with several phone meetings and emails about where cameras could be placed and how shots were going to be gotten.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mermaid

Quote from: Johan on December 23, 2014, 06:27:31 AM
They're not at all real. In my professional flying days I did some work for one of those shows. Got my name in the credits and everything. In the final show, the main character called and ordered the plane a day or two before I arrived. In reality I was booked on that job six weeks in advance with several phone meetings and emails about where cameras could be placed and how shots were going to be gotten.
You mean THAT WAS FAKE!? You really aren't his buddy!?

I want a divorce.

Berati

The reality shows have very low production costs so it's easy for small networks to crank them out to see what succeeds. They will keep putting out titillating stuff like this as long as people keep watching. The size of the population is such that today, even "small" audiences are large enough to make everyone involved some money.

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."