News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Beating christians in arguments

Started by eliotnz, December 18, 2014, 06:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eliotnz

I don't want to beat every christian in an argument, only the one's that annoy me.

Like when a christian told me my critical thinking was a sin and the only way to think critically was for me to learn hebrew and translate the bible. Or when I said a manic street preacher was being annoying someone told me at least they were going to heaven and I was going to hell.

When I was a teen i was a christian who came across a stoic atheist who annihilated my faith.  How do I do that? what books should i Read?

Solitary

Ask them if they believe in any Pagan Gods, then ask them why they don't. Then tell them that is the same reason you don't believe in theirs.  :fU:  :biggrin2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

You can't win an argument with a Christian, and it would serve no purpose anyway.  Just tell them to go pedal their bullshit someplace else.

Mike Cl

Welcome.  As was already mentioned, you cannot win an argument with any religious person.  Why?  Because you would want to use logic and reason to back your argument; religious people don't respond to either and use faith for their 'reason.'  As for reading material, there are hundreds to choose from.  Google things like 'Is Jesus real', or 'Is the Bible factual?', or skeptic sites--and Richard Carrier is a great author to google--as is Richard M. Price.  Then when you get a site you like bookmark it and go on to the next.  In no time flat you will have a ton of bookmarked site you can read as you wish.  Amazon has a huge selection of books and authors if you want to buy books.  The internet is cheaper and has more stuff than you can really read.

As for arguments; know yourself and why and what you believe.  When you are secure in that arguments will be easy to 'win'.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

Hey Pap, you going to be in Melbourne over the holidays?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason78

Welcome to the forum! :)

And you can't win an argument against a christian.  When someone already knows that they are right, no amount of facts will change their mind.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: aitm on December 19, 2014, 01:16:11 PM
Hey Pap, you going to be in Melbourne over the holidays?

Not this year. Brother Jon is heading this way.

aitm

Good for you. Keep me in the loop when you get in the area. Great year to you and yours eh!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

Will do. We might be down this summer.

AllPurposeAtheist

My argument: Whatever. Then walk away.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

welcome Eliotnz, dont even bother arguing wi the bstrds, tell them tae fkoff, sorted    :dance:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

PickelledEggs

Munch

The only real solution is to distance from such people and find other people who have reason and logic to them.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Really, the best way to beat anyone in an argument / debate is to master the subject. Know the facts and know their arguments, even the fallacious ones, know how to work around fallacious arguments, and know how to keep a discussion organized and not overly scattered. Once you can do that you will be able to beat the religious in debates as well as hold your own in other debates and discussions

Sent from your mom.