OBYRANNY! US/Cuba relations to change

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, December 17, 2014, 12:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

...and Marco Rubio tells us why he's such a flaming turd member of the GOP clown car.
http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1352453
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

now i have to start smoking again so I can see what all the fuss was about...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Poison Tree

About fucking time. Our old plan hasn't worked in 53 years. Time to try something--anything--else.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

_Xenu_

Quote from: aitm on December 17, 2014, 12:54:38 PM
now i have to start smoking again so I can see what all the fuss was about...
Don't bother. Communism destroyed the Cuban cigar industry, though many of the strains are still grown elsewhere.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Mermaid

We bought some Cubans on our honeymoon in Mexico. I said "yes" when the customs agent asked us if we had any Cuban cigars so he cut them up in front of us. $80 down the drain.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

I gave up cigars about a year ago.  But a chance to taste a real Cuban cigar is pretty tempting.  It would probably be disappointing, though.  But I still have to try it.  It would be like, "Shit!  I waited 50 years for this?"

kilodelta

I've cut back my cigar habit to almost nothing. But, I've worked in countries without the Cuban embargo. But, I wouldn't mind a Cuban R&J robusto right about now.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Eric1958

Rubio is in that perfect spot, having gotten elected to the Senate, he can just sit back and criticize, criticize, criticize without ever having to take any real responsibility. He keeps the right wing of his party happy and keeps him in the news. How stupid do you have to be to think that the policy we have had in place for over half a century has been anything but  a dismal failure.

Solitary

It's about time! Only politicians, greed, ignorance, and religion can screw things up so bad. Where's all the love and understanding anymore? All I see is hate, violence, misery, and greed anymore.  :madu:

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

gussy

Again we get to hear from the revisionists that Cuba was a beacon of freedom under Batista.  When you support a shitty dictator don't act too shocked when the next one is even worse.  Anyway, Cuba lost their Soviet muscle 20+ years ago, time to move on.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Eric1958 on December 17, 2014, 10:46:40 PM
Rubio is in that perfect spot, having gotten elected to the Senate, he can just sit back and criticize, criticize, criticize without ever having to take any real responsibility. He keeps the right wing of his party happy and keeps him in the news. How stupid do you have to be to think that the policy we have had in place for over half a century has been anything but  a dismal failure.
Rubio is the GOP's Hispanic equivalent of the 'token n*gger'.. I don't intend that as offensive, just a statement of fact.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

Daiquiris all around... made with Havana Club rum, of course!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Jason Harvestdancer

Wow.  Obama did something right.  This is news.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Johan

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on December 18, 2014, 04:43:58 PM
Wow.  Obama did something right.  This is news.
Not according to the people where I work.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful