The dumbest editorial ever (pro-torture)

Started by Hydra009, December 14, 2014, 03:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: caseagainstfaith on December 18, 2014, 08:44:18 PMDid torture get key information in the finding of Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden or any other high profile target?  As far as I know, the answer is no.
No, but we did have intel on both of them through other means and thanks to that, were able to finally track down the both of them.  Good thing too, because Saddam was a despot with a bunch of human rights violations.  He had a bunch of facilities where his cronies imprisoned and tort--

Oh wait.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason78

Quote from: aitm on December 18, 2014, 06:07:27 PM
No, do you? However, to be honest, which I have been, I don't consider this "in the habit" and I think that "authorities" is using a pretty big paint brush.

I don't either.  Which is why it can not be tolerated.  We can not allow the people that govern us to make a human being an unperson and then proceed to torture them.

This isn't a few incidents of rogue elements torturing a suspect without their superiors knowledge.  It's gone past being a habit.  The torture that's occurring in the USA is officially sanctioned at the highest levels.  If they can make it legal to do that to one person, then they can make it legal to do it to you too.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato