News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas To ALL!

Started by Razel500, December 13, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berati

Quote from: Razel500 on December 13, 2014, 06:01:14 PM
A man once came to me and said "Do you believe in God?" I said - Yes. He then says "But God doesn't exist atheism is true" I reply with
"What is atheism?" He says "It's a term for people who do not believe in God" I reply with "What is God to you?" He says "Nothing" I
Encourage him "What are you? Are you NOTHING?" He says "No I'm a man" I continue to insist "Are you sure you are not NOTHING? Do you worship
Yourself? Do you Love Yourself? Or are YOU NOTHING? , Are you not God?" End The rest is up to your imagination. Just remember we are all ONE people and that is all that MATTERS.
God is simply me, you, your family and friends, your pets, your cars, your video games the word "God" is derived from old Anglo-Saxon English which means simply "Good".
Is Good not worth worshiping?, Merry Christmas.
A man once came to an atheist website and incorrectly stated that the etymology of "god" is "good"
He was wrong: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=god

Merry Xmas!
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Aroura33

Isn't what the OP describes some form of Animism?  At any rate, we already have a word for me, you, your dog, that car, the sun, the moon, etc.  It's called the universe, or nature if you want to get touchy feely about it.  No reason to make up a word for all the things that exist.

Anyway, THAT is not the definition of god that most people would use.  You don't believe in a supernatural diety, just nature, so you are an atheist in denial.  Nice to meet you!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

PickelledEggs

Tomato/Avacado

The main thing is that the OP is intelligent enough to smash a fish on to his keyboard enough times to form multiple words in a row. Isn't that all that matters? :lol:

Moralnihilist

A man once came to me and said "Do you believe in God?" I said - Yes. He then says "But God doesn't exist atheism is true" I reply with
"What is atheism?" He says "It's a term for people who do not believe in God" I reply with "What is God to you?" He says "Nothing" I
Encourage him "What are you? Are you NOTHING?" He says "No I'm a man" I continue to insist "Are you sure you are not NOTHING? Do you worship
Yourself? Do you Love Yourself? Or are YOU NOTHING? , Are you not God?" End The rest is up to your imagination. Just remember we are all ONE people and that is all that MATTERS.
God is simply me, you, your family and friends, your pets, your cars, your video games the word "God" is derived from old Anglo-Saxon English which means simply "Good".

Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

Mike Cl

I guess by now you realize that your little story is not correct.  But I get your drift.  I agree in that all humans are of the same race, and are therefore 'one'.  It would be nice if all people treated each other as though we are all of the same tribe.  But I do see a great connection between god and my computer games!  And welcome, BTW. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Johan

Quote from: Razel500 on December 13, 2014, 06:01:14 PMthe word "God" is derived from old Anglo-Saxon English which means simply "Good".
Is Good not worth worshiping?
God is not good. And no person place or thing is worth worshiping. Ever.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

DunkleSeele

Hi Razel500, welcome... I guess.

Enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Munch

Urm.. hee.. you know usually, the way any theist lasts on this forum is to come in with an non-indoctrinating attitude and tell how they are prepared to have conversations and discover things about atheists, that's usually how theists manage to last on this site.

And yes, merry Christmas
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Berati

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 14, 2014, 10:27:27 PM
I guess by now you realize that your little story is not correct.  But I get your drift.  I agree in that all humans are of the same race, and are therefore 'one'.  It would be nice if all people treated each other as though we are all of the same tribe.  But I do see a great connection between god and my computer games!  And welcome, BTW. :)
Completely agree.
I just wanted to add that anything that creates more tribes should therefore be avoided unless there are very compelling reasons. Religion creates the most divisive tribes of all based on irrational reasons that can never be questioned. You know, faith.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."