News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas To ALL!

Started by Razel500, December 13, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razel500

A man once came to me and said "Do you believe in God?" I said - Yes. He then says "But God doesn't exist atheism is true" I reply with
"What is atheism?" He says "It's a term for people who do not believe in God" I reply with "What is God to you?" He says "Nothing" I
Encourage him "What are you? Are you NOTHING?" He says "No I'm a man" I continue to insist "Are you sure you are not NOTHING? Do you worship
Yourself? Do you Love Yourself? Or are YOU NOTHING? , Are you not God?" End The rest is up to your imagination. Just remember we are all ONE people and that is all that MATTERS.
God is simply me, you, your family and friends, your pets, your cars, your video games the word "God" is derived from old Anglo-Saxon English which means simply "Good".
Is Good not worth worshiping?, Merry Christmas.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

That sort of sounded like this guy from some obscure cult that tried to convert me..... But at the same time, it was kind of interesting.

anyway... welcome

aitm

well, you pretty much said, god is everything therefore worship everything, which is somewhat simpleminded and stupid in my opinion.. But hey, welcome
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on December 13, 2014, 07:47:06 PM
well, you pretty much said, god is everything therefore worship everything, which is somewhat simpleminded and stupid in my opinion.. But hey, welcome
i wonder if he worships the crap and fart thread

GrinningYMIR

Hopefully he worships the horse in the picture, or at least rainbow dash
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 13, 2014, 07:51:26 PM
Hopefully he worships the horse in the picture, or at least rainbow dash
It is not the horse in the picture that we worship; it is the picture of the horse!

GrinningYMIR

I apologize for my mistake brother, please forgive me

PickelledEggs

GrinningYMIR

Do not make me silence you Brother

Mr.Obvious

Right... well... welcome, I guess?
Merry Christmass.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Razel500 on December 13, 2014, 06:01:14 PM
A man once came to me and said "Do you believe in God?" I said - Yes. He then says "But God doesn't exist atheism is true" I reply with
"What is atheism?" He says "It's a term for people who do not believe in God" I reply with "What is God to you?" He says "Nothing" I
Encourage him "What are you? Are you NOTHING?" He says "No I'm a man" I continue to insist "Are you sure you are not NOTHING? Do you worship
Yourself? Do you Love Yourself? Or are YOU NOTHING? , Are you not God?" End The rest is up to your imagination. Just remember we are all ONE people and that is all that MATTERS.
God is simply me, you, your family and friends, your pets, your cars, your video games the word "God" is derived from old Anglo-Saxon English which means simply "Good".
Is Good not worth worshiping?, Merry Christmas.

What's this bullshit?

stromboli

Hydra009

Quote from: Razel500 on December 13, 2014, 06:01:14 PMthe word "God" is derived from old Anglo-Saxon English which means simply "Good".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA

Old English god "supreme being, deity; the Christian God; image of a god; godlike person," from Proto-Germanic *guthan (cognates: Old Saxon, Old Frisian, Dutch god, Old High German got, German Gott, Old Norse guð, Gothic guþ), from PIE *ghut- "that which is invoked" (cognates: Old Church Slavonic zovo "to call," Sanskrit huta- "invoked," an epithet of Indra), from root *gheu(e)- "to call, invoke."

(The etymology dictionary goes on to explicitly state the words God and good are not related)

Source