If you could go to any other time era, which one (and where) would it be?

Started by dtq123, December 13, 2014, 12:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

I'd go back to just after WWII in the US in Las Vegas.  I'd bring with me a complete sports record book which would include all of the scores of the games played in hockey, baseball, basketball (college and pro) and football (college and pro) and all the other sports that are bet on in Vegas.  I'd soon own the place, if I wanted to.  At the very least, I'd be as wealthy as I'd want to be, with a never ending stream of wealth coming in.  Fairly quickly I'd be able to live as and where I'd like.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

This is an interesting question.  I've often thought of going back to the past, to a time before the environment was getting fucked up so fast.  I would have enjoyed the vast wilderness that used to exist.  But then I think, given the number of times modern medicine has saved my life, it's probable that I would have died in my 30s, and I would have missed a bunch of good stuff.  As bad as the world sucks, I have lived through perhaps the best of times.  When it comes down to it, I'm inclined to stay put.

Moralnihilist

Early 50's. With my full bank account. Id make a killing in the classic car market.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Draconic Aiur

9 months before year zero. Rape Mary in a horrifying way that she denies she was fucked. Wait 9 months smoking hemp, and learn how to grow it. then when jesus is born take the 3 kings treasure, buy a fucking hemp pot of seeds then come back.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on December 19, 2014, 02:16:44 AM
9 months before year zero. Rape Mary in a horrifying way that she denies she was fucked. Wait 9 months smoking hemp, and learn how to grow it. then when jesus is born take the 3 kings treasure, buy a fucking hemp pot of seeds then come back.
That is certainly a different wish.  One snag would be that Mary was not a real person.  That would be like trying to have sex with the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jason78

Quote from: dtq123 on December 13, 2014, 12:04:47 AM
You may (or may not) use the ONE of the following options:
+Carry the knowledge of this world to where ever you go

I'd pick this option.   I'd pick the early Roman empire.  By the time I'd finished you'd end up having smart phones by the 9th century.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 19, 2014, 11:35:35 AM
That is certainly a different wish.  One snag would be that Mary was not a real person.  That would be like trying to have sex with the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.   
Screw you.. The ToothFairyâ,,¢ is real!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 19, 2014, 04:43:15 PM
What???!!!  That bitch--she has been holding out on me!
You just haven't endured enough dental pain like I have.. Once you do and the hygienist smothers you in boobflesh you'll know.. :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 19, 2014, 11:35:35 AM

There were many "Mary's" at the time. Jesus was real but had a different name.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on December 19, 2014, 05:47:40 PM
There were many "Mary's" at the time. Jesus was real but had a different name.
Really?  And what leads you to believe that Jesus was real?

Twilightomens

I would also like to go to an undetermined time thousands of years into the future. I want to see if I'm missing any cool new scientific breakthroughs. I'm going to miss a lot after I'm dead, I think.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Quote from: Twilightomens on December 21, 2014, 11:03:21 PM
I would also like to go to an undetermined time thousands of years into the future. I want to see if I'm missing any cool new scientific breakthroughs. I'm going to miss a lot after I'm dead, I think.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Yeah, but how will you know?  Two days after you die, the first worldwide nuclear war may break out.  I don't know about you, but I'd like to miss that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 19, 2014, 11:18:32 PM
Really?  And what leads you to believe that Jesus was real?

He exists in rumors and papers(start a rumor aka make everyone think I'm an evil god)