If you could go to any other time era, which one (and where) would it be?

Started by dtq123, December 13, 2014, 12:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

You may (or may not) use the ONE of the following options:
+Carry the knowledge of this world to where ever you go
+Bring one item, but only know what that item was used for
+Bring another person, but only they will remember the trip

You will NOT be able to return to this time era, so choose wisely 
Don't worry, no paradoxes will occur. Let's pretend you create a new universe because of your actions. :biggrin2:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

dtq123

I would go to the time where the bible was created, and I would bring my knowledge and mess them up XD. I wonder what would happen, At least the bible won't be able to exist in my new universe  :biggrin:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

PickelledEggs

I'd go back in time to when you were about to be conceived, barge in to where your mom and dad was having sexy-time, and tell your dad to wear a condom.

BOOOOOSH!!!!!!! BUUUURRRRRNNNNNNNNN!!!!! :lol:

Nah just kidding. I had that one on the back shelf and wanted to let it loose on someone haha.

Hydra009

Several thousand years into the future.  Don't need an exact number.  Surprise me.

Assumming I'm not immediately dead from inhospitable conditions, I'd live in a society with technology beyond my wildest dreams...as the resident caveman with little/no hope of learning said technology.  Sort of a mixed bag, but the national spread of Google Fiber alone would make the trip worth it.

Needless to say, any further use of time travel would be undesirable with the exception of fine-tuning the landing to the most peaceful/prosperous time in that era.

aitm

I would as well go into the future, only I would be discovered in a type of time capsule and the world would be all atwitter at my "re-birth". The media would be all over me and I would be a world wide star as I entranced people with stories of how stupid humans were in the past. And as a lucky side note, do to some law of "diminishing returns" I would have the largest penis on the planet which naturally would create all kinds of fun and frolicking…..and oh yeah…I would also have this happen about 15 years ago…….yeah….I would need that for stamina…..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

I would go back to the day before the last time nobody won the largest powerball jackpot. I'd carry the knowledge of the winning number combination and  money to buy a ticket.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

I'd go back to the 50's as an 11 year old lesbian girl with the knowledge I have now, and how to play a guitar like Santana.  :eek: :biggrin2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

Into the future at a time when religion, racism and right-wingerism are dead, and space travel is as easy as hopping into your car and driving to the grocery store.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

December 12, 2014 at 11:04:45 so this thread wouldn't exist yet and I wouldn't be thinking of some other epoch when I had to think of some pointless epoch. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 13, 2014, 04:16:50 AM
Several thousand years into the future.  Don't need an exact number.  Surprise me.

Assumming I'm not immediately dead from inhospitable conditions, I'd live in a society with technology beyond my wildest dreams...as the resident caveman with little/no hope of learning said technology.  Sort of a mixed bag, but the national spread of Google Fiber alone would make the trip worth it.

Needless to say, any further use of time travel would be undesirable with the exception of fine-tuning the landing to the most peaceful/prosperous time in that era.

I'm game, more game if there's hot alien/robot women there, I'd be all over that shit

To the fuuuutttooooorrreee
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

Anywhere in the past in the US, where you knew that something big was going to happen. But getting to Sacramento 4 years before the California Gold Rush, prospecting, finding your gold and setting a claim and acquiring the Gold. You'd be one of the millionaires that built San Francisco 60 years before the earthquake. Buy property, live high, sell the property after it becomes a boom town, you'd be a very wealthy man in a few years, living on the frontier with no rules and doing anything you wanted. That is a good life.

kilodelta

Quote from: Mermaid on December 13, 2014, 08:16:50 AM
I would go back to the day before the last time nobody won the largest powerball jackpot. I'd carry the knowledge of the winning number combination and  money to buy a ticket.

I'd go with this option. That way, I wouldn't have to leave my friends and family forever.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Shiranu

Just wake me up when we start having full blown cities on other planets and can travel from system to system with ease.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur