News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why The World Hates Us

Started by Solitary, December 10, 2014, 09:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

© REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque
The United States government paid two military psychologists $80 million to develop torture tactics that were used against suspected terrorists in the wake of the September 11 attacks on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center.
In 2002, two former Air Force psychologists, James Mitchell and Bruce Jessen, became the masterminds of the CIA’s torture program, according to a new report

the CIA’s torture program, according to a new report released by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. The two men, identified in the report under the pseudonyms Grayson Swigert and Hammond Dunbar, devised and performed torture tactics--including waterboarding and mock burial on some of the CIA’s most significant detainees.”
Related: 10 Things to Know About the CIA’s Black Budget

The report noted that neither of the men had previous experience as professional interrogators, nor did they have “specialized knowledge of al Qaeda, counterterrorism or any relevant cultural or linguistic experience."

WHY THIS MATTERS
Even if one could get past the repulsive idea of paying someone to come up with new ways to torture people, the outrageous amount of taxpayer dollars spent on two individuals is simply unacceptableâ€"especially when they didn’t seem to “invent” anything.
Why I hate politicians, psychologists, and psychiatrists! Any idiot knows that torture is just for sadistic pleasure and people tell them what they want to hear when tortured. IDIOTS!  :fU: aLL THEY ACCOMPLISHED IS MORE ENEMIES, AND WITH GOOD REASON. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

I don't hate psychologists, or psychiatrists, although I don't have great faith in their prognostications. My attitude about politicians is unless they are a candidate whose agenda is clearly defined, as is the case with Elizabeth Warren or Harry Reid, both Populists, they re not to be trusted. We are hated for a lot more than just being torturers.

Osama Bin Laden was an educated man. He was also well aware of our policies. He knew that we would expend trillions going after the perpetrators of 9/11. He knew that our actions would ultimately alienate us from the Middle East and much of the world.  Our  "we've got the biggest stick and we're going to beat you with it" policy is ludicrous. Our capabilities are ultimately finite. We have spent trillions, killed probably more innocent bystanders than actual terrorists, and have pissed off everybody. And we are still pouring millions into Iraq and Afghanistan with no real forseeable positive outcome.

The Soviet union collapsed because they couldn't match a Capitalist state dollar for dollar and technologically. But that was big stick versus big stick, and we had the bigger stick. Now we are trying to use our gigantic military might to swat an ever increasing number of blowflies that we create with our policies. Stop paying for B-2's, F-35's and Ospreys that cost trillions to develop and spend the money on developing insurgent tactics to match the terrorist on the ground, where the most effective efforts are done.

I posted a CIA report on here five years ago that said very clearly we were paying for terrorism at the gas pump. The solution is right in front of us, if we apply it. If we develop technologies that get us off fossil fuels and provide the world with clean alternatives, through the specific funding of science to that end- by putting not only the Middle East but Putin back on their respective camels and horses, we would accomplish far more, dollar for dollar.

All you have to do is look at what NASA has done. Every dollar spent on space research has returned tenfold or more in technology and better lives. Practically everything technologically we handle, stems from NASA research.

This is why we need to get everybody who thinks Ronnie Reagan was a demigod out of office. His election and killing Carter's mandate to create alternative technology is a very big part of where we are today.

AllPurposeAtheist

But..."they hate freedom".. That's to imply there are billions of people who don't want any freedom whatsoever.  Nope, they want to have governments who beat them for any perceived slight and especially enjoy being left to rot in prisons because that's what Alla says..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: stromboli on December 10, 2014, 10:35:42 AM
I don't hate psychologists, or psychiatrists, although I don't have great faith in their prognostications. My attitude about politicians is unless they are a candidate whose agenda is clearly defined, as is the case with Elizabeth Warren or Harry Reid, both Populists, they re not to be trusted. We are hated for a lot more than just being torturers.

Osama Bin Laden was an educated man. He was also well aware of our policies. He knew that we would expend trillions going after the perpetrators of 9/11. He knew that our actions would ultimately alienate us from the Middle East and much of the world.  Our  "we've got the biggest stick and we're going to beat you with it" policy is ludicrous. Our capabilities are ultimately finite. We have spent trillions, killed probably more innocent bystanders than actual terrorists, and have pissed off everybody. And we are still pouring millions into Iraq and Afghanistan with no real forseeable positive outcome.

The Soviet union collapsed because they couldn't match a Capitalist state dollar for dollar and technologically. But that was big stick versus big stick, and we had the bigger stick. Now we are trying to use our gigantic military might to swat an ever increasing number of blowflies that we create with our policies. Stop paying for B-2's, F-35's and Ospreys that cost trillions to develop and spend the money on developing insurgent tactics to match the terrorist on the ground, where the most effective efforts are done.

I posted a CIA report on here five years ago that said very clearly we were paying for terrorism at the gas pump. The solution is right in front of us, if we apply it. If we develop technologies that get us off fossil fuels and provide the world with clean alternatives, through the specific funding of science to that end- by putting not only the Middle East but Putin back on their respective camels and horses, we would accomplish far more, dollar for dollar.

All you have to do is look at what NASA has done. Every dollar spent on space research has returned tenfold or more in technology and better lives. Practically everything technologically we handle, stems from NASA research.

This is why we need to get everybody who thinks Ronnie Reagan was a demigod out of office. His election and killing Carter's mandate to create alternative technology is a very big part of where we are today.
As always, good post!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

I'm not going to try to put myself in the minds of 3rd world people who have been raised in tribal conditions wherein religion is the keystone and cornerstone of their lives, but think of it this way: generations of animals raised on farms adapt to that limited lifestyle  because they know nothing better. It is very easy to generate hate against a foreign source that intrudes on your lifestyle, however limited or constrained, because it intrudes on what you know and what you believe.

We have made the enemy that fights us, because the leaders who do know better, the Bin Ladens, know how to motivate the minions against the outside forces that intrude. Every effort now is being made to restrict access to the internet in those countries because they don't want their people to see a bigger picture. The media can be controlled and filtered. It is much harder to filter a free internet. Keep the people unenlightened and keep them believing.

We should be pursuing an open internet and fighting censorship in those countries. Again, back to the oil. If we develop non fossil fuel technologies and give it to the world, we effectively get rid of one of their primary sources for generating warfare. Guns cost money. People would rather buy food than guns, if there is no other choice. If the Sheikhs that secretly approve hard line Islam and terrorism have to deal with declining incomes and starving populations, then terrorism has to take a back seat to the more immediate needs.

Remember Radio Free Europe? It was one of the most effective tools we had against Communism and dollar for dollar by far the cheapest. By mandating an open internet and openly striving to keep it available in Islamic countries, we do effectively the same thing Radio Free Europe did. Saudi Arabia right now is dealing with a burgeoning population of atheists, who became that way largely because of the internet. It isn't that hard. The solutions are right in front of us, if we only use them.

Green Bottle

Saw this story on the news and i have to say, '' is anyone really surprised by this, just when you think these people cant sink any lower, they do exactly that.
And the uk is heavily involved as well, on the scottish news earlier they were saying how flights transferring prisoners were stopping off in Scotland on the way to wherever the torture was being administered that week.
Cia guy on tv saying that they categorically did not tell any lies or mislead and how dare we all accuse them, lying bastard, it was all over his face.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

stromboli

Quote from: Green Bottle on December 10, 2014, 04:49:43 PM
Saw this story on the news and i have to say, '' is anyone really surprised by this, just when you think these people cant sink any lower, they do exactly that.
And the uk is heavily involved as well, on the scottish news earlier they were saying how flights transferring prisoners were stopping off in Scotland on the way to wherever the torture was being administered that week.
Cia guy on tv saying that they categorically did not tell any lies or mislead and how dare we all accuse them, lying bastard, it was all over his face.

It's kind of farcical to expect the truth from a guy who basically lies for a living.

Poison Tree

"Why The World Hates Us"
You clearly haven't been hearing the right talking heads on this issue; the reason they hate us isn't that we tortured people, they only hate us because the freedom hating democrats published a report admitting we tortured people.  :wall:

If I have to sit through Michael Hayden defending this crap one more time I may just throw something at my TV.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Berati

The list of countries that torture is quite extensive:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_torture_since_1948
Quote"Torture is widely practiced worldwide: Amnesty International received reports of torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment in more than 150 countries during the four-year period from 1997 to 2000."

Didn't want you to think you were the only ones, however, I do think the USA took it to another level for the western world since 9/11.

It doesn't work, it creates enemies, and it undermines any attempt at moral authority. 

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Berati

I was going through the list of other countries and their toture records.

All I can say (besides holy fuck!) is that if the world hates you for torturing then the world is a huge hypocrite.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."