Author Topic: Faith In Humanity  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Solitary

Faith In Humanity
« on: December 09, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Offline kilodelta

Re: Faith In Humanity
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
I see what you did there...
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Offline Solitary

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
 :winkle: :shhh: :whistle: :biggrin2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 06:23:30 PM »
Other than everyday faith, faith in people is the only kind of faith that makes sense to me. Faith in the supernatural or that a certain set of rules were handed out by a supernatural  being is ridiculously ignorant.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 12:39:05 AM »
I wonder if we could post pictures here of people doing things that restores faith in humanity, therefore making this into a place to go if you need a reminder that people can be good?

"Chicago Christians showed up at a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the Church."

Quote from: Jakeness
if you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Online Hydra009

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 01:07:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online Munch

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Offline trdsf

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 03:31:35 AM »
I work at my county children services office.  I see examples to both destroy and restore my "faith" (I don't like that word but I'm too tired to think of a better one) in humanity every day.  I'll admit, I'm hard pressed to say whether I am or am not a misanthrope... but there's nothing quite like seeing (and participating in) the way our office comes together in an urgent situation.  It's just a beautiful thing, and whether my co-workers do the job out of a sense of service to their faith, or just because it's the right thing to do for another human being, it just doesn't matter.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk