News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yeah, but its funny

Started by aitm, December 09, 2014, 07:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 12, 2014, 07:58:05 PM
What happened to Eric Garner... that was very wrong. Making Mike Brown the face of the movement was a terrible idea, and takes credibility away from it. I think the media purposely shoved this Mike Brown thing down our throats to take credibility away from the movement, and to try and divide the races even further. Divide and conquer. People are distracted from the real issues with the media talking about racism 20 hours a day.

We should all be standing up against the militarization of the police, police brutality, stop and frisk, and the war on drugs. Instead the discussion is about whether thugs should have the right to punch a cop in the head and live to talk about it. Fuck Mike Brown, and his momma can kiss my ass too. How do we know Mike didn't get his violent tendencies from mommy? She assaulted someone selling RIP Mike Brown shirts, and his step dad was filmed yelling "Burn this bitch down". I'll save my sympathy for the old black ladies who got their shop burned down, and for the real victims, like Eric Garner.

I've seen jokes on here about rape, Jews in ashtrays, etc, so surely joking about a thug being put down is tame in comparison.

I agree with most of your post. I do think the media pushed Brown on us but unfortunately did not know the truth and when it came out backed away from the better case of Garner. Shit happens, the media thought they got it right and then fucked up the better case. I really think they wanted to do the right thing…at least, I hope so.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

QuoteAnd frankly I think that you are determined to see a racial issue where there is clearly none.

Trying to make this a race issue is beyond asinine. 

Note where I said, "Not all of this is even skin colour related". There are plenty of "white trash" that are abused by the system and stigmatised as well, it has far more to do with socio-economics than skin colour nowadays imo.

That said, the reasons I gave they would be upset have more to do with the system as a whole and not this one case. And the primary reason African Americans are in the socio-economic situation they are in today IS based on racism. So no, I don't actually see this individual case as a race issue at all, what I do see is a much bigger picture of a class of people that were kept down for decades for racist reasons and haven't been able to pull themselves up since thanks to a rigged system. What I do see is systematic police brutality around the nation that is targeted at lower socio-economic classes because they cant fight back... again, I don't think the modern actions are inherently racist, but the reason there are so many people of colour in low education, low income families is.

QuoteI've seen jokes on here about rape, Jews in ashtrays, etc, so surely joking about a thug being put down is tame in comparison.

Yeah, there is a bit of a difference between joking on a forum with friends and having a public display of how big of asshole you can be.

I am not saying he should be arrested, fined, anything like that... but it was done in very poor taste and honestly this talk of, "a thug being put down" like he was some type of animal is sickening, as is some of the talk that comes up pretty much any time an African American is killed.

As for that comic... I am just going to assume you intentionally posted such a pathetic comic because you found it sickening or to get a rise and not because you actually found it funny.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Shiranu on December 12, 2014, 09:01:29 PM
Note where I said, "Not all of this is even skin colour related". There are plenty of "white trash" that are abused by the system and stigmatised as well, it has far more to do with socio-economics than skin colour nowadays imo.

That said, the reasons I gave they would be upset have more to do with the system as a whole and not this one case. And the primary reason African Americans are in the socio-economic situation they are in today IS based on racism. So no, I don't actually see this individual case as a race issue at all, what I do see is a much bigger picture of a class of people that were kept down for decades for racist reasons and haven't been able to pull themselves up since thanks to a rigged system. What I do see is systematic police brutality around the nation that is targeted at lower socio-economic classes because they cant fight back... again, I don't think the modern actions are inherently racist, but the reason there are so many people of colour in low education, low income families is.

Yeah, there is a bit of a difference between joking on a forum with friends and having a public display of how big of asshole you can be.

I am not saying he should be arrested, fined, anything like that... but it was done in very poor taste and honestly this talk of, "a thug being put down" like he was some type of animal is sickening, as is some of the talk that comes up pretty much any time an African American is killed.

As for that comic... I am just going to assume you intentionally posted such a pathetic comic because you found it sickening or to get a rise and not because you actually found it funny.

Yea, still looking for a reason to insert a racial issue where CLEARLY there isnt one. This isnt about the socio-economics of a "downtrodden" race. This is about a BAR who placed a JOKE SIGN in their window. If YOU dont find the joke funny, thats one thing. But to try to make it about race when it CLEARLY wasnt is bullshit.

Again sign in a bar.

If you have some white guilt thats on you. But this was a damn joke and nothing more.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Shiranu

Yeah, I have white guilt... even though I'm only half white, grew up amongst minorities and was ostracized by white people. Definitely makes sense.

I didn't realize being an asshole meant you also have to completely ignore some pretty basic level shit in terms of socio-economics and history, but hey if that floats your goat have at it. Missing the forest for the trees and all that hoo-haa with fixating on the bar issue, and proving yourself illiterate by continuing to not comprehend what was written...

What ever, you want to make yourself look like an idiot, I guess you have succeeded. If the best argument you have is, "LOL NO U STUPID ND' HATE WHITE PEOPLE!" than I think I will just leave you to that. Toodaloo!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on December 12, 2014, 09:01:29 PM

Thug is not a word specifically for blacks. As a teenager, my brother was a thug. Stole cars. Wouldn't listen to police and got the window smashed in one time. He said he would have shot Mike Brown ten times. Brown attacked a cop in his car, and so the threat to the officer and possibly the public was put down. Mike Brown not only put his own life at risk, but he put his friend's life at risk also (could have been shot by Wilson), as well as anyone else around in the neighbourhood (could have been killed by a stray bullet from Wilson). This is not a man who should be given special respect, where it should be seen as racist to say he was put down. We are all animals. If I were to start punching a cop in the face, I expect I would be put down as well.

As for the comic, the funny part is not the guy dying. It's the whole "He didn't do nothing" claims (I know the representations of the black people in the comic are racist. That's not what's funny about it though). Mike Brown's mother said the same thing. "He didn't do nothing". Nothing = Assault multiple people in the course of the day, including a police officer, and endangering many lives around him. "He was a good boy." That's why it's funny. The mother takes no personal responsibility for being a bad mother, and puts none on her child either.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Shiranu on December 12, 2014, 09:26:57 PM
Yeah, I have white guilt... even though I'm only half white, grew up amongst minorities and was ostracized by white people. Definitely makes sense.

I didn't realize being an asshole meant you also have to completely ignore some pretty basic level shit in terms of socio-economics and history, but hey if that floats your goat have at it. Missing the forest for the trees and all that hoo-haa with fixating on the bar issue, and proving yourself illiterate by continuing to not comprehend what was written...

What ever, you want to make yourself look like an idiot, I guess you have succeeded. If the best argument you have is, "LOL NO U STUPID ND' HATE WHITE PEOPLE!" than I think I will just leave you to that. Toodaloo!

Where exactly did I dismiss the FACT that yes blacks generally dont get a fair shake at success?

What I CLEARLY stated was you are putting race into a fucking bar sign was asinine. Something that your obviously limited reading comprehension was bound to miss especially since I used words.

In terms of missing some perceived racial issue regarding THIS SIGN. There was none. The racial issue was put there by YOU, not me. I disputed that clearly and all you come back with is that I'm somehow an idiot for not agreeing with putting a race issue where none exists. In terms of "ignoring" the socio-economic and historical issues that arise when one is born of not white english speaking stock. Something that oddly enough I dont fit into. My parents were immigrants. They didnt speak english, yet somehow I turned out quite fine.

Let me see if by using small words you can get it.

Sign r joke.
sign r not racial.
sign have not to do with race.
sign just a joke.

Get it now? Nowhere did I say that race is nothing, what I said was the sign has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE RETARD.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Shiranu

Aye master senpai, I completely forgot this sign was placed up with no reason. It was just a random sign with no back story or event it was aimed at.

Derp silly me, I forgot that bar exists in a vacuum that sucks out all other time and happenings outside it. My bad!

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Shiranu on December 13, 2014, 11:04:02 PM
Aye master senpai, I completely forgot this sign was placed up with no reason. It was just a random sign with no back story or event it was aimed at.

Derp silly me, I forgot that bar exists in a vacuum that sucks out all other time and happenings outside it. My bad!

As far as I know the backstory of this sign is a piece of shit got shot by a cop after committing 4 felonies in under an hour. One of those felonies was assaulting the same officer that shot and killed him. Frankly the removal of that turd from the gene pool is a good thing, one less drain on society breeding.

YOU see color, I see the actions of one person ending his own life by doing something mind numbingly stupid. And a bar is making fun of a moron. Frankly I found it funny. I dont see the racial issue you(and the other race card players) are so damned determined to put into this bullshit sign.

To put it another way:
Do you honestly think this incident would have made the national news if the cop was black?
Because I dont.

Shiranu

QuoteTo put it another way:
Do you honestly think this incident would have made the national news if the cop was black?
Because I dont.

Lets see... black cops shoots white kid, leaves his body uncovered in street for 4 hours, doesn't turn in evidence... yeah, I think it is possible since there have been several white killings that have made national news lately.

And yes, it is more likely to get national coverage... just like if a gay guy, or a woman, or a latino, or a jew was to get killed by a cop... because minorities are treated like shit in this country. I never got this obsession with, "But... but... white people!". It is like the people who cry about gay's getting all the attention and heterosexuals are "left out in the cold".

QuoteYOU see color, I see the actions of one person ending his own life by doing something mind numbingly stupid. And a bar is making fun of a moron. Frankly I found it funny. I dont see the racial issue you(and the other race card players) are so damned determined to put into this bullshit sign.

Again, hung up on the sign when that's not the issue at hand.

And yes, he was an idiot... but alot of that comes down to the culture he grew up in which is a culture that was intentionally kept uneducated and low socio-economic for RACIST REASONS.

I don't think the shooting was racially motivated, I have said that several times and you seem too god damned illiterate to be able to grasp that concept, so here it is in bold caps.

I DONT THINK THE SHOOTING WAS RACIALLY MOTIVATED

What I think is this is a situation that was caused predominately by both race AND socio-economics, something I also have said multiple times...

Just incase the bold helped, I'll say that bit again...

I THINK THIS SITUATION WAS MOSTLY A MATTER OF SOCIO-ECONOMICS, NOT RACE

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Shiranu on December 14, 2014, 11:23:28 PM
Lets see... black cops shoots white kid, leaves his body uncovered in street for 4 hours, doesn't turn in evidence... yeah, I think it is possible since there have been several white killings that have made national news lately.

And yes, it is more likely to get national coverage... just like if a gay guy, or a woman, or a latino, or a jew was to get killed by a cop... because minorities are treated like shit in this country. I never got this obsession with, "But... but... white people!". It is like the people who cry about gay's getting all the attention and heterosexuals are "left out in the cold".

Again, hung up on the sign when that's not the issue at hand.

And yes, he was an idiot... but alot of that comes down to the culture he grew up in which is a culture that was intentionally kept uneducated and low socio-economic for RACIST REASONS.

I don't think the shooting was racially motivated,

12 mentions of race or racism in just this little snippet alone...

QuoteI DONT THINK THE SHOOTING WAS RACIALLY MOTIVATED

Liar as proven by the next snippet

QuoteWhat I think is this is a situation that was caused predominately by both race AND socio-economics, something I also have said multiple times...

You keep claiming a race based socio economic disadvantage was the reason that this little retard robbed a store, assaulted the clerk, resisted arrest, AND assaulted a cop. Now it just may be that because I truly dont get your "perspective" on this(as my skin tone is not yours), HOWEVER when asking several dozen blacks that I know they all come up with virtually the same answer. The sign is fucked up but funny. And another thing that they agree on.... Those claiming that the "man" is keeping them down(or as you put it socio-economic disadvantage) are either lazy or stupid. They and MANY other people know that unless you are the child of a wealthy person then YOU ARE AT A FUCKING DISADVANTAGE.

Its retarded bleeding hearts like you that give liberals a bad fucking name. This wasnt some wrongful killing, this was a piece of shit thug that got what they had coming. Also socio-economics has fuck all to do with this little shit stain being a piece of shit. The word you are looking for is parenting. When one parent is on the national news yelling burn this bitch, and the other couldnt be bothered to speak as if she had a functional brain this kid was fucked from the start. Not by socioeconomics as you claim but by genetics.

Inner city youth arent at any worse disadvantage than rural kids. You want to hazard a guess why the rural kids do pull this shit? I'll give you a hint. Its called parenting. Maybe if this man had one that was worth a shit he would still be alive.

Shiranu

QuoteLiar as proven by the next snippet

Except none of those snippets had anything to do with the sign.

QuoteThe sign is fucked up but funny.

Fair enough. I think it is the first, but disagree with the second. That is the only really difference between the two of us; I don't think anything should be "done about it" or the like any more than you do.

QuoteThose claiming that the "man" is keeping them down(or as you put it socio-economic disadvantage) are either lazy or stupid. They and MANY other people know that unless you are the child of a wealthy person then YOU ARE AT A FUCKING DISADVANTAGE.

Aye, so they say it's lazy and stupid, then say it's the truth.

Makes... perfect sense?

What seems lazy and stupid to me is to misinterpret for your own agenda, or because you are simply too lazy to listen to what "bleeding heart liberals" like myself has to say, is that we cant simply blame it on the individual. This doesn't wash his hands clean of his actions, I myself believe Brown had it coming if he did assault the officer. That said, us "bleeding heart liberals" would like to find ways to keep it from happening again, and to do so we have to go a little bit deeper than, "Lawlz, he thug, he deserved it!". I would like to say that has far more to do with pragmatism than a generous heart, but either way... you are either "insulting" me for looking at things in a way that wants to fix them or for being a decent human being? Okay... that sure stings...

QuoteAlso socio-economics has fuck all to do with this little shit stain being a piece of shit. The word you are looking for is parenting.

Parenting, which is heavily influenced by socio-economics and education, which even high school level psychology and sociology would tell you.

QuoteInner city youth arent at any worse disadvantage than rural kids.

And there is where you prove you have zero understanding of reality.

We actually agree on almost everything except this last part and of course the humour of the sign, which is really quite irrelevant because, honestly, in 2 weeks who is going to remember the sign? The only part we seem to have disagreement on is the part you said is true, and then said is false... that they are disadvantaged, and then say they aren't.

I cant help but feel you lash out because you have no idea what position you actually hold... you say one thing, you say your friends say one thing, and then say the thing you just said was wrong. And I mean, that's perfectly okay, it's not particularly a subject many of us want to spend time thinking about. But lashing out because you apparently don't have a grasp of your own position doesn't make you a "cool" sort of asshole (the type who knows he is right and isn't afraid to show it), it just makes you the sad sort of asshole.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Shiranu on December 15, 2014, 05:59:13 AM
What seems lazy and stupid to me is to misinterpret for your own agenda, or because you are simply too lazy to listen to what "bleeding heart liberals" like myself has to say, is that we cant simply blame it on the individual. This doesn't wash his hands clean of his actions, I myself believe Brown had it coming if he did assault the officer. That said, us "bleeding heart liberals" would like to find ways to keep it from happening again, and to do so we have to go a little bit deeper than, "Lawlz, he thug, he deserved it!". I would like to say that has far more to do with pragmatism than a generous heart, but either way... you are either "insulting" me for looking at things in a way that wants to fix them or for being a decent human being? Okay... that sure stings...

We CAN blame it on the individual as in this case along with EVERY other case similar to this. How you may be wondering. Lets look at the rest of the populous of the town shall we? Ferguson is not in a state of anarchy, nor is it run by thugs like this idiot. Most of the residents of the town are law abiding hard working decent people. So as far as this idiot is concerned yes we can wash our hands of him.

Are there problems in the police force? Yes there are, but if one looks at the whole of the force the problem makers are in a minority. There is a larger problem in the black community with parents who dont give a fuck about their kids, kids who cant be bothered to get their education, and a group that glorifies idiots like this where speaking as if you have a functioning brain is seen as something to be ashamed of.

QuoteParenting, which is heavily influenced by socio-economics and education, which even high school level psychology and sociology would tell you.

The thing you seem to be missing is rural kids ALSO suffer from the same levels(if not worse) as inner city kids, the education system is just as poor, hunger is as much of a driving force. Rural kids dont pull the same type of shit as inner city kids. Why, I lean towards parenting. Rural parents tend to be actual parents, inner city parents dont. Rural parents give a shit about what their kids do, not so much with inner city parents.

QuoteWe actually agree on almost everything except this last part and of course the humour of the sign, which is really quite irrelevant because, honestly, in 2 weeks who is going to remember the sign? The only part we seem to have disagreement on is the part you said is true, and then said is false... that they are disadvantaged, and then say they aren't.

Actually I never said that they werent disadvantaged. What I said was that unless born to wealth, we are ALL at a disadvantage. Some more than others yes, but we all are at a disadvantage.

QuoteI cant help but feel you lash out because you have no idea what position you actually hold... you say one thing, you say your friends say one thing, and then say the thing you just said was wrong. And I mean, that's perfectly okay, it's not particularly a subject many of us want to spend time thinking about. But lashing out because you apparently don't have a grasp of your own position doesn't make you a "cool" sort of asshole (the type who knows he is right and isn't afraid to show it), it just makes you the sad sort of asshole.

My position has not changed. I think the sign is funny. Why? Because it makes fun of a moron who got exactly what any rational thinking person would assume the outcome to be when a violent felon assaults a police officer.

Eric Garner(the NY chokehold death) that was BULLSHIT. And a sign making fun of that would still be funny to me(again asshole), but I could see being upset about it. This sign, not so much.

Shiranu

QuoteWe CAN blame it on the individual as in this case along with EVERY other case similar to this.

No need to read past this (though I will confess, I did), but since that is not what I said...

QuoteThere is a larger problem in the black community with parents who dont give a fuck about their kids, kids who cant be bothered to get their education, and a group that glorifies idiots like this where speaking as if you have a functioning brain is seen as something to be ashamed of.

I think you might want to leave the gated community if you believe the shit coming out of your mouth. If you think white trash are any better than black ghetto, my god you have lived one sheltered life.

QuoteRural kids dont pull the same type of shit as inner city kids.

Funny, I grew up in a rural town, and the crime rate was quite high, higher than state average.

I moved to another rural town, for two years in a row we lead the nation in teenage pregnancy.

Both towns have extremely high rates of drug use, and not just marijuana; heroin is the big to-do around town. 

My first school district has a 58% passing rate this semester (20% under Texas' average), and a 36% graduation rate. 18% are considered, "college ready" by the state.

I watched one of the few African Americans in my town get tied to the back of a pickup and dragged down main street by a bunch of "rural perfects" rednecks when I was 14. I saw as the local police force say he had "accidentally" gotten tangled to the truck.

I watched as the minorities stores were vandalized, and their children harassed in school.

I lived in a town where, if you grew up on the black side, or the brown side of the tracks, you could go fuck yourself. Good luck getting the fire department or police to respond on time. And good luck getting a job on the other side of the tracks.

And then I moved to the second rural town, where at 17 I was outside in my car smoking and hear, *BANG*. *BANG*. *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* as a doped up guy knocked on someone's door, and as the door opened put 7 bullets into the guy 3 blocks away. The same rural town where school was canceled twice while I was there for gun threats.The same rural school where 3 people I knew in my class were thrown in jail after a raid caught them producing heroin.

So don't fucking come here telling me how god damn perfect rural life is, I cant help but think you don't know jack shit about rural life. I spent the first 16 years of my life properly rural (on a 36 acre farm, about 20 minutes out of town) and another 3 years living in rural farming towns... and if you think they are some perfect little towns run by good, god-fearing, moral people... well, you at least got the god-fearing right, but they sure as fuck aren't any better. That is the biggest load of bullshit I have heard in a long time.

QuoteRural parents tend to be actual parents, inner city parents dont. Rural parents give a shit about what their kids do, not so much with inner city parents.

Aye, your right. They teach their kids real proper shit, like how to cook heroin and lynch the fucking negro down the road. That sure is some Grade-A parenting there!

Actual parents my fucking ass. Like my rural dad, who is on his, what... 3rd wife now... and has about 6 kids he doesn't have shit to do with? The rural parents who raised their redneck fucks to drag a black man down main street tied to the back of their pickup? The rural parents who teach their kids to throw bricks at the store because it's run by a bunch of "fucking dirty hindu's"?

I can't even right now. What a fucking load of horse shit. It was one thing when you were trying to justify that this sign wasn't absolutely pathetic and moronic, I realise that is subjective... but get the fuck out of here with this, "rural is better" bullshit.