News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yeah, but its funny

Started by aitm, December 09, 2014, 07:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

I suppose its funny if you are a middle aged white guy living in some other part of the country, but guaranteed to start trouble locally. Not what I would consider a smart move, based on the potential for riots and whatnot.

Solitary

I hate to admit it, but I laughed when reading it.  :winkle:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

I find nothing funny here at all.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

Nothing funny about this, imagine Michael brown's parents when they heard about it and put urself in their shoes for a moment..
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

aitm

Quote from: Green Bottle on December 09, 2014, 04:38:28 PM
Nothing funny about this, imagine Michael brown's parents when they heard about it and put urself in their shoes for a moment..

IF my daughter ever robs a store and assaults the owner then assaults a cop, I'll let you know how I feel if someone makes a joke of her.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Green Bottle

''Quote,  IF my daughter ever robs a store and assaults the owner then assaults a cop, I'll let you know how I feel if someone makes a joke of her.

Ok then, hypothetically speaking, ur daughter has just robbed a store and assaulted the owner , she then assaults a policeman outside and is shot dead.
You find out a few days later that some bar has been doing a promotion and making fun of ur daughters death at the same time, tell me, how the fuck would you feel ?

Making fun of someone's death no matter the circumstances isnt fucking funny.
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

aitm

Quote from: Green Bottle on December 09, 2014, 06:32:39 PM

Ok then, hypothetically speaking, , how the fuck would you feel

I am pretty sure I would feel worse that my kid was a fucking thief and assaulted people and then assaulted a cop and got killed than I would about someone pointed out that she wasn't worthy of all the hoopla.
QuoteMaking fun of someone's death no matter the circumstances isnt fucking funny.
We disagree. Obviously you have never heard of the Darwin awards, though I am sure you have and I am sure you have laughed so I think you're fibbing just a WEE bit.

Solitary

Everything can be a subject for humor, as Lenny Bruce showed to be true. Daddy! "What's a pervert." Dad, "Shut up and keep sucking!"  :butt:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981

politically uncorrect indeed.

Moralnihilist

Frankly I find it funny as hell. Were it my bar I would have kept it. But then again I have no sympathy for a thug getting shot while committing his 4th felony in under an hour.

Also Im most likely an asshole.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Shiranu

Yeah, no, not even close to funny.

The hypothetical, "what if" situation yall proposed is way too inaccurate. A more proper, "what if..." would be this (and not all of this is even skin colour related)...

You are part of a minority that has been harassed and profiled by cops for decade after decade. You are part of a minority that, when fighting for civil rights, had the cops turn high powered hoses, German Shepards and bean bag/rubber filled shotguns upon you (if you were lucky; there was always the chance of barbed wired nightsticks or buckshot being used on you instead). You are part of a minority that makes up 67% of the town but only 5% of the police.

You are part of a minority that is denied the same socio-economic standards that the majority get. You are part of a minority that, due to how we have our taxes set up, will more than likely grow up in a sub-par school that good teachers will not want to go to. You are part of a minority that has thug culture shoved down your throat left and right by white CEOs and white studio producers. You are part of a minority that white politicians want to make sure you never get out of, that they thrive on demoralizing you for being part of, and take away what scraps you get to make your life more bearable while you work two or three jobs and they stuff their pockets.

Imagine you are part of a minority that had the local KKK chapter or whatever you call their little circle jerks threatening to shoot and kill you for daring to protest. Imagine you are part of a minority that watches as that police force that doesn't represent you at all has information linked that they have ties to said KKK organization, but that the informant has asked for the information to remain silent because he is receiving death threats against both themselves and their family if they are discovered.

Imagine that you are part of a minority that had one of their own arrested by Wilson in 2013 for "failure to comply with an officer" ... the failure? He was recording the interaction between him and Officer Wilson, a legal act and one that he felt necessary to take because of previous police harassment. Imagine you are part of a minority that then watched the court drop the charges when that video footage came out. Imagine you are part of a minority that just watched as your daughter was shot and left, uncovered, in the street for 4 hours. Imagine you are part of a minority that watched as the key piece of evidence, the gun they struggled over, was not confiscated and given time to be cleaned off, a direct violation of regulations. Hell, imagine you are part of a minority that just watched video footage of an unarmed man being thrown to the ground by police and choked to death, in a "liberal bastion" city at that.

Imagine you are part of a minority that sees time and time and time again one of your own murdered and the murderer walk away scott-free. Imagine being part of a minority that has watched that same scenario happen time and time and time again for decades, from small town shop owners lynched in the woods to leaders like MLK. Or even other minorities; the demonization and erasing from history of men like Ceaser Chavez to Andrew Goodman and Michael Henry Schwerner who were white civil rights supporters handed over by the Mississipi police to local Klansmen to be murdered. Imagine even overseas you see the same; African heroes thrown in jail or murdered by white colonial powers, Latino governments that support the people toppled by the white man's CIA to install sympathetic dictators.

And after all this, you're telling me that if you lived in the same society they did, if you were one of the minorities who live this bullshit every day, you still couldn't see at all how we could be upset?

It is easy as a white person to say, "I don't see what the big deal is" because you were raised not to see, or had hidden from you, what the big deal was; I think that is one benefit of having grown up in two cultures... you get to see both sides of the isle.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Shiranu on December 11, 2014, 06:54:18 PM
Yeah, no, not even close to funny.

The hypothetical, "what if" situation yall proposed is way too inaccurate. A more proper, "what if..." would be this (and not all of this is even skin colour related)...

You are part of a minority that has been harassed and profiled by cops for decade after decade. You are part of a minority that, when fighting for civil rights, had the cops turn high powered hoses, German Shepards and bean bag/rubber filled shotguns upon you (if you were lucky; there was always the chance of barbed wired nightsticks or buckshot being used on you instead). You are part of a minority that makes up 67% of the town but only 5% of the police.

You are part of a minority that is denied the same socio-economic standards that the majority get. You are part of a minority that, due to how we have our taxes set up, will more than likely grow up in a sub-par school that good teachers will not want to go to. You are part of a minority that has thug culture shoved down your throat left and right by white CEOs and white studio producers. You are part of a minority that white politicians want to make sure you never get out of, that they thrive on demoralizing you for being part of, and take away what scraps you get to make your life more bearable while you work two or three jobs and they stuff their pockets.

Imagine you are part of a minority that had the local KKK chapter or whatever you call their little circle jerks threatening to shoot and kill you for daring to protest. Imagine you are part of a minority that watches as that police force that doesn't represent you at all has information linked that they have ties to said KKK organization, but that the informant has asked for the information to remain silent because he is receiving death threats against both themselves and their family if they are discovered.

Imagine that you are part of a minority that had one of their own arrested by Wilson in 2013 for "failure to comply with an officer" ... the failure? He was recording the interaction between him and Officer Wilson, a legal act and one that he felt necessary to take because of previous police harassment. Imagine you are part of a minority that then watched the court drop the charges when that video footage came out. Imagine you are part of a minority that just watched as your daughter was shot and left, uncovered, in the street for 4 hours. Imagine you are part of a minority that watched as the key piece of evidence, the gun they struggled over, was not confiscated and given time to be cleaned off, a direct violation of regulations. Hell, imagine you are part of a minority that just watched video footage of an unarmed man being thrown to the ground by police and choked to death, in a "liberal bastion" city at that.

Imagine you are part of a minority that sees time and time and time again one of your own murdered and the murderer walk away scott-free. Imagine being part of a minority that has watched that same scenario happen time and time and time again for decades, from small town shop owners lynched in the woods to leaders like MLK. Or even other minorities; the demonization and erasing from history of men like Ceaser Chavez to Andrew Goodman and Michael Henry Schwerner who were white civil rights supporters handed over by the Mississipi police to local Klansmen to be murdered. Imagine even overseas you see the same; African heroes thrown in jail or murdered by white colonial powers, Latino governments that support the people toppled by the white man's CIA to install sympathetic dictators.

And after all this, you're telling me that if you lived in the same society they did, if you were one of the minorities who live this bullshit every day, you still couldn't see at all how we could be upset?

It is easy as a white person to say, "I don't see what the big deal is" because you were raised not to see, or had hidden from you, what the big deal was; I think that is one benefit of having grown up in two cultures... you get to see both sides of the isle.

And frankly I think that you are determined to see a racial issue where there is clearly none.

Its a damn joke, either you find it funny or you don't. It was a sign in a BAR. This was a bar whose slogan is "where sarcasm is always free." This is not a place of refinement it is a place to get shitty drunk on the cheap.

Trying to make this a race issue is beyond asinine.

Just my asshole-ish opinion.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

FaithIsFilth

What happened to Eric Garner... that was very wrong. Making Mike Brown the face of the movement was a terrible idea, and takes credibility away from it. I think the media purposely shoved this Mike Brown thing down our throats to take credibility away from the movement, and to try and divide the races even further. Divide and conquer. People are distracted from the real issues with the media talking about racism 20 hours a day.

We should all be standing up against the militarization of the police, police brutality, stop and frisk, and the war on drugs. Instead the discussion is about whether thugs should have the right to punch a cop in the head and live to talk about it. Fuck Mike Brown, and his momma can kiss my ass too. How do we know Mike didn't get his violent tendencies from mommy? She assaulted someone selling RIP Mike Brown shirts, and his step dad was filmed yelling "Burn this bitch down". I'll save my sympathy for the old black ladies who got their shop burned down, and for the real victims, like Eric Garner.

I've seen jokes on here about rape, Jews in ashtrays, etc, so surely joking about a thug being put down is tame in comparison.

Draconic Aiur

Funny shit. The bar's advertisment is trollin.