News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Advertisement Idea

Started by wolf39us, December 08, 2014, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

So I just was thinking about some Advertisement ideas for this forums and I wanted to see what you all thought about this.

What if we create a Facebook "fan page" and setup a bunch of you as "admins" where you can post stories related to religion or politics or even science?

Get some people here that are decent at just writing a simple article here and there.  If you find something you can share an article with an image.

The more people we can get to "like" the page the more exposure we'll get.  We can do the same thing for Twitter as well.

GrinningYMIR

I'd be all for it, providing I make a false account however, pickel can vouch for my not being able to post atheist stuff on facebook
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

wolf39us

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 08, 2014, 05:20:36 PM
I'd be all for it, providing I make a false account however, pickel can vouch for my not being able to post atheist stuff on facebook

You'd be an admin of an account other than yours.  You would post "As" the other account (it'll be linked on your main profile).  Only people that have liked it manually would be able to see it.

Your friends won't

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aitm

any pictures of boobies must be sent to me…..mother fucking rule no 1!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Not sure how much time I'll have. But I'll at the very least like the page and follow it!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

wolf39us

Mr.Obvious

how about:
facebook.com/anotheratheistforums

or:
facebook.com/atheistforums2.0
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GrinningYMIR

so explain to me how the whol alternate posting thing works

and it looks good so far!

PickelledEggs

I'm all for it. I think it could be cool to have a facebook group in addition to the site.

I'm just kind of scared that if it's on Facebook, the site will die from inactivity. My friend and I tried starting a forum site for a gaming FB group that already existed and the site backfired with inactivity. But it could be very different for this forum, being that we already have active members and being that it's an atheist-based forum.

I say it's a great idea though especially if take the right approach. I'm in.

Would the group be open? Upon request? Invitation only?

Also, when posting... is a post made to the group visible to that person's friends and people following them? Just some things to think about.

PickelledEggs

:lol: Nevermind... I was thinking "group" and not "page" posts made to pages are invisible unless the page shares them, as far as I know.
But yeah. Looks great. I'm in. Plus, I don't mind posting "atheist" things to my personal wall, so I can get some of my heathen artist facebook friends to know about it.

wolf39us

Everyone who wants to be an admin link me to your facebook!

PM me if you want it to be private

edit:  here's my facebook

https://www.facebook.com/wolf39us

GrinningYMIR

I'll volunteer, I just need to make an account that says Grin on it

PickelledEggs

Quote from: wolf39us on December 08, 2014, 05:56:41 PM
Everyone who wants to be an admin link me to your facebook!

PM me if you want it to be private

edit:  here's my facebook

https://www.facebook.com/wolf39us
Sent a request and message!