News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Do You Like anything Religious?

Started by Solitary, December 06, 2014, 10:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

Well, I do like some of the holidays.  Without any religious aspects Christmas is still a fun holiday.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Faisal

Quote from: Solitary on December 06, 2014, 10:02:27 AM
This was a question asked on the forum, and this is an example of what I like, and also the music. The Chinese girl in the green coat in the picture is my oldest sons girlfriend. http://hls.iweek.ly/pdf/lwj/news360/2014512/320.html?from=timeline&isappinstalled=0
Oldest son? Really? That sounds interesting.

ApostateLois

I like the architecture of old cathedrals and ancient religious monuments--yes, even if some of them may have been built with slave labor. I'm not sure that all of them were, though. It would have been a great privilege to have a cathedral in your town, and while some of the laborers probably were working off debts, doing penance for sins, or doing community service in exchange for not rotting in prison, there were probably plenty of others who would have seen it as a great honor to work for the glory of God, building a house where he could live (because if the Bible teaches us anything, it is that gods live in physical places, such as mountains and tabernacles). So what if poor people were starving to death while the Church spent funds on extravagant buildings? That's their punishment for sinning, dammit! It's why today we have the Crystal Cathedral instead of the Crystal Homeless Shelter. Don't worry, they'll ALL have cathedrals when they get to heaven.

Oh, and I also likes me some old-timey gospel music, and I actually prefer older religious Christmas music to the more modern holiday songs.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Faisal

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Faisal on January 14, 2015, 04:08:37 PM
Wonderful
Where God builds a church, the Devil will build a chapel.

Hi Faisal! Would you would be so kind as to make an intro? You have 35 posts and no one knows who you are :biggrin:

Faisal

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 14, 2015, 04:28:27 PM
Hi Faisal! Would you would be so kind as to make an intro? You have 35 posts and no one knows who you are :biggrin:

trdsf

Johann Sebastian Bach.  That's the only thing that can get me in a church anymore is an organ recital.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

Aslan, the jesus allegory lion.

Because I was innocent and sweet once and loved this story before i knew it had christian themes in it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin