"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreethinkingSceptic

Quote from: Aletheia on December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM...
It's pretty simple. Homosexual activity is an elective choice. The desire to engage in homosexual activity may not be entirely a choice.

This is one of the stupidest back-and-forth arguments ever, since neither of the parties are even arguing about the same thing to begin with. "Desire =/= behavior" and vice versa.

This should be the end of it, but sadly this crappy back-and-for argument will probably continue in perpetuity due to the neither of the participants having simple reading comprehension.

WARPED

I'm not all scientific and smart, but I do understand human nature, as I am one. If I speak for myself, I know what I like and what I'm attracted to and visa versa. Is it a choice that I am attracted to these things? In my opinion, no. I can't make my body crave something it has no interest in. 

So is homosexuality a choice...no. Are you born that way? That, I don't know. I think as you grow, your likes and dislikes form into your brain and senses and whatever is the strongest, sticks for life.
"The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in.
But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"
—Sora from Kingdom Hearts (cuz imma nerd)

aitm

If "homo" is a choice then we have to, "must" admit that we are equally sexually attracted to both sexes and therefore only choose to engage with the opposite, or same. Which of course suggest that in the lack of opposite sex available we would be willing to have sex with the same. As I, personally do not find men to be sexually attractive, I must therefore be a mutant of another planet....which of course, is possible.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust