"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 01:10:30 PM
Emril too.
Is that why Emiril always had bandages on his fingers after the commercial break?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 12:10:46 AM
How did THIS get dredged up?

You just did this ... self awareness isn't your friend ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2018, 06:43:33 AM
You just did this ... self awareness isn't your friend ;-)

No.  Notice my last post was was Aug 2017.  The Board is getting weird...  Old posts are popping (pooping?) up frequently lately.

Munch

The board is acting up, but you really were the last one to post anything on this since august last year.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 24, 2018, 08:57:52 AM
The board is acting up, but you really were the last one to post anything on this since august last year.

Then my fault entirely.

trdsf

However, that does mean this thread is now sort of active again, by the mere act of querying why it showed up as active...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 26, 2018, 10:42:13 AM
However, that does mean this thread is now sort of active again, by the mere act of querying why it showed up as active...

Heisenberg's Internet Forum Principle.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 26, 2018, 10:42:13 AM

That is one of the coolest arguments I've read in years!  If you run for Congress, I'll vote for you if possible.  It does take a certain talent.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 27, 2018, 01:25:43 AM
That is one of the coolest arguments I've read in years!  If you run for Congress, I'll vote for you if possible.  It does take a certain talent.
I suspect even in liberal-leaning Columbus, while I might get a pass on being gay, they're still unlikely to forgive being an atheist, alas.  And I can't bring myself to make the mouth-noises required to be nice to religion that politicians in this country have to.

Also, in person, I have no charisma.

However, were I somehow sent to the House, lip-readers watching C-SPAN could play bingo tracking my unheard remarks, usually along the lines of "Are you fucking serious?" or "If this clown is really representative of his/her district, remind me to never go there."

*Everyone* would get to enjoy me making the parliamentary inquiry, "Mr/Mme Speaker, is it a breach of rules to ask if my colleague from (wherever) is out of his fucking mind?"

I wouldn't last long in the House, but the YouTube clips would live on forever.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Parliament is a real legislature, Congress is just elected lobbyists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 27, 2018, 11:23:27 AM
I suspect even in liberal-leaning Columbus, while I might get a pass on being gay, they're still unlikely to forgive being an atheist, alas.  And I can't bring myself to make the mouth-noises required to be nice to religion that politicians in this country have to.

Also, in person, I have no charisma.

However, were I somehow sent to the House, lip-readers watching C-SPAN could play bingo tracking my unheard remarks, usually along the lines of "Are you fucking serious?" or "If this clown is really representative of his/her district, remind me to never go there."

*Everyone* would get to enjoy me making the parliamentary inquiry, "Mr/Mme Speaker, is it a breach of rules to ask if my colleague from (wherever) is out of his fucking mind?"

I wouldn't last long in the House, but the YouTube clips would live on forever.  :D

I suspect that an elected atheist might be the last barrier to overcome among voters.  Yet, whom would be more objective and logical?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 07, 2018, 11:33:10 PM
I suspect that an elected atheist might be the last barrier to overcome among voters.  Yet, whom would be more objective and logical?

A logic professor.  QED ... don't elect lawyers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

People tend to forget that not long ago homosexuality was a crime and people were sent to prison for it. The film Victim dealt with the bigger crime of blackmailing homosexuals which in turn helped to get those laws overturned in Britain.
Whenever I hear someone say it's merely a choice I have to ask them why, if it was a choice would millions of people put themselves in the position of being sent to prison over love with someone of the same sex? Why would the homosexuals of the era be willing to subject themselves to viscious blackmailers and imprisonment? Doesn't sound much like a choice to me..  Here's the link to the film.. https://youtu.be/6UEFHAZX1BE
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 08, 2018, 10:44:15 AM
People tend to forget that not long ago homosexuality was a crime and people were sent to prison for it. The film Victim dealt with the bigger crime of blackmailing homosexuals which in turn helped to get those laws overturned in Britain.
Whenever I hear someone say it's merely a choice I have to ask them why, if it was a choice would millions of people put themselves in the position of being sent to prison over love with someone of the same sex? Why would the homosexuals of the era be willing to subject themselves to viscious blackmailers and imprisonment? Doesn't sound much like a choice to me..  Here's the link to the film.. https://youtu.be/6UEFHAZX1BE

Are all the guys here  other than me "gay"?