"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 03:31:22 AM
Why is this pinned?  I think it is time to let it go.

If it isn't pinned, I expect every new theist who comes here would make a new thread on the topic, claiming some gay people were "cured" by some religious bullshit. It's better to just have one thread to say, "Hey, keep your stupidity contained here please."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 10, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
If it isn't pinned, I expect every new theist who comes here would make a new thread on the topic, claiming some gay people were "cured" by some religious bullshit. It's better to just have one thread to say, "Hey, keep your stupidity contained here please."

Well, then all subjects theists focus on should just be blocked.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 06:33:10 AM
Well, then all subjects theists focus on should just be blocked.

Make your own website ... bearenfuhrer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Agro

Its not about choice, its about the environment, bad environments is bad,hate is also apart of that which you can go to hell too for since hate or envy is a sin in the new testament. The bible is not anti loving males, just anti being sexually immorale, aka pervert. The LGBT is very perverted sadly, and i become sad saying it because i am breaking the law of non judgemental. I get sad everytime.

Either case to prove it, here. Kiss of peace is mentioned in the bible, and here is two male apostles giving it in art illustrations of the past.

Either case it doesn't matter if this is born or not, this is used to create discord in society, just be overall friendly, good with people. Thats what i want. Sadly it can't.. people talk about sex as if its moral, not love or friendship :((((

And i tend to get mocked for that :I

Baruch

Not true, and you will not meet with support if you discuss this here.  I understand the religious reasons for morality police.  As anthropology, not as personal conviction.  Choose another topic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't have time to read the whole thread, so this may already have been covered - if so, sorry.

Is heterosexuality a choice? Do people reach puberty and only then decide whether to be homo- or hetero-sexual?

I think not.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 12, 2017, 09:03:21 AM
Make your own website ... bearenfuhrer.

It was a logical conclusion based on anothers statement, not mine.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 06:05:23 AM
It was a logical conclusion based on anothers statement, not mine.

OK .. but you have shown previous signs of government bureaucratic authoritarianism ... did you ever work for the DMV?  You would make posters take a number and wait our turn ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 08:37:19 AM
OK .. but you have shown previous signs of government bureaucratic authoritarianism ... did you ever work for the DMV?  You would make posters take a number and wait our turn ;-))

I didn't.  But had I, I would have made the process more efficient with people walking through as fast as the cameras could take their pictures.  I created a whole videoconferencing schedule system on my own one night at home and got an award for it.  But not for the months of real hard work.  Go figure...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 26, 2017, 06:03:06 PM
I didn't.  But had I, I would have made the process more efficient with people walking through as fast as the cameras could take their pictures.  I created a whole videoconferencing schedule system on my own one night at home and got an award for it.  But not for the months of real hard work.  Go figure...

Even great chefs can be a flash in the pan ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2017, 07:36:49 PM
Even great chefs can be a flash in the pan ;-)

No, great chefs are not flashes in the pan.  They always know what they are doing.  You think they just wake up one day and forget all their skills?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 03:14:33 AM
No, great chefs are not flashes in the pan.  They always know what they are doing.  You think they just wake up one day and forget all their skills?

Smiley.  Making a joke.  The problem with some chefs is alcoholism.  Or if you are Julia Child ... your time in the French Resistance.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2017, 07:18:48 AM
Smiley.  Making a joke.  The problem with some chefs is alcoholism.  Or if you are Julia Child ... your time in the French Resistance.

Ah yes, The Galloping Gourmet...  Drinking wine all the show.  Joke understood.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2017, 08:58:08 AM
Ah yes, The Galloping Gourmet...  Drinking wine all the show.  Joke understood.

Emril too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.