"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2017, 08:01:22 PM
Evolution means I get big muscles, brain you, take your girl.  Evolution is great, if you are Schwartzenegger.  Also that beefcake ... so so gay!

There was a time, in my youth, I wished he was. Then i learned he wasn't that great a character behind the muscles.

Theres day, i look elsewhere.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

This is why the newer TV Hercules, had a kind of ... relationship with his sidekick, Iolas.  I thought that show and Xena were very liberating.  Though I was more attracted to Gabriel.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2017, 09:51:07 PM
This is why the newer TV Hercules, had a kind of ... relationship with his sidekick, Iolas.  I thought that show and Xena were very liberating.  Though I was more attracted to Gabriel.

Said hercules went on to star in gods not dead and acted how he thought atheists were like, malicious and crazy. He lost most credibility at that stage.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2017, 08:01:22 PM
Evolution means I get big muscles, brain you, take your girl.  Evolution is great, if you are Schwartzenegger.  Also that beefcake ... so so gay!

It also means that I learn to out-think you, act equally toward women and mothers, and help raise children to become equally-thinking and inventive adults.  While you are out there getting stepped on by Mammoths to prove your he-man status.  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 06:30:53 AM
It also means that I learn to out-think you, act equally toward women and mothers, and help raise children to become equally-thinking and inventive adults.  While you are out there getting stepped on by Mammoths to prove your he-man status.  ;)

Pfffff, please, I got no interest in raising kids.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on February 05, 2017, 08:09:42 AM
Pfffff, please, I got no interest in raising kids.

Neither do I, but the neighbors are sure to raise some of the little rug-rats, LOL!  So it matters to all of us.  Even us rug-ratless ones are affected!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 06:30:53 AM

Yes, Democrats, even more so, Liberal Democrats .. are the master race.  So fascist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

Well Some people don't figure out their sexuality even into late adult hood. A guy I went to school with my best friend and I had threesomes with. Years after graduating we met again and well he was flaming. Also I was in the hospital and there was this lesbian who tried to kill herself because her girlfriend was a bitch. She said she was thinking about giving men a try. I told her it really didn't matter what gender she dated both are equally capable of stomping all over your heart so be careful. I don't know if she ended up with a man after that or not as I was discharged and didn't see her again.

there's more to sexuality then just instincts. But I also don't think you wake up one day and choose to be gay. I think it's more like you realize you are gay. as for going in the reverse direction I have no answers for. I have seen a few albeit not many gay people who later in life became straight. So it may be psychological for some people even if we don't want to admit it but I wouldn't call it a choice.

Nor do I think that homosexuals should suppress their desires and sexual needs for some god. Every one has a right to have a relationship and sex as a part of that relationship gay or straight. I feel that sex and love should be human rights. Every one has a right to find a relationship they feel comfortable in.

Munch

Sexuality is complex thing. It comes down to biology (that being what we naturally want to do, whats in our instincts) and personality (the part of us shaped by environment, upbringing, social order, per-pressure).
People are shaped on what they have in them to do, and what they are shaped by around them, so its kind of that struggle between internal and external parts of us. Like the young gay muslim wants to kiss the hot man before him, but doing so would have he pelted with rocks by the religious faith dominating the world around him, or the woman married to a man all her life, living a lie, wanting to be herself and see women, but afraid of being alone if she does.

Its also complex in that sexuality isn't just a three card system, rather it can have many different variants and shades, it isn't set on just one, as many people might want to experiment, might want to go between different kinds of people, try all things, try and mixture. There are no real standards to it, despite what most of society has already declared it to be.

Sorginak

Sexuality exists on a fluid spectrum.  We see it in nature.

Gay, straight, bisexual, these are the least of our concerns in a world full of strife. 

Cavebear

Quote from: Sorginak on February 12, 2017, 12:59:16 AM
Sexuality exists on a fluid spectrum.  We see it in nature.

Gay, straight, bisexual, these are the least of our concerns in a world full of strife.

I took me 60 years to understand that.  Now I really don't care.  I suppose that is an improvement.

marom1963

I would like one of these people who think that being gay is a choice to take a hit for the team and become gay - you know, just to prove that it can be done. Also, don't they realize that, if being gay is a choice, so is being straight? So, it should be easy to become gay and prove to all the World that we're wrong about homosexuality being innate. Anyone willing to step up to the plate? All you have to do is become really gay and stay that way for, oh, ten years and have lots of sex w/members of your own sex. Then you can switch back to straight, if you want. But, for those ten years, you've got to be as gay as gay can get, and you've got to march in Gay Pride parades and be a spokesman/woman for Gay Liberation - go the whole nine yards. Then, voila, you're straight again! Come on, somebody, take up the challenge for team Homophobia!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Baruch

The most homophobic ... are usually closeted gays.  See J Edgar Hoover.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 21, 2017, 06:57:34 AM
The most homophobic ... are usually closeted gays.  See J Edgar Hoover.

I dunno, should we open those flood gates?