"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

All I ever needed was to find out that some humans are born with both sex organs. At that point, a light went off and....well, if one can have the physical attributes of both sexes surely one can have the psychological attributes of both. And then I learned that some people have absolutely no desire for sex and some for all kinds of whack-a-doo. So, it becomes pretty obvious to a reasonable person that human behavior starts long before they get a breath of fresh air.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

widdershins

Quote from: aitm on February 02, 2016, 12:41:53 PM
All I ever needed was to find out that some humans are born with both sex organs. At that point, a light went off and....well, if one can have the physical attributes of both sexes surely one can have the psychological attributes of both. And then I learned that some people have absolutely no desire for sex and some for all kinds of whack-a-doo. So, it becomes pretty obvious to a reasonable person that human behavior starts long before they get a breath of fresh air.
You know, by the "choice" argument one would have to conclude that, out of the blue, people just one day say, "You know what?  Today I'm going to start getting sexually excited by farm animals.  Yeah, that's the way I want to go with my life from here on out." and POOF, bestiality is born...by choice.  And foot fetishes.  Furries.  Whatever that other thing is in that thread I went into briefly before realizing I didn't want to know more or even know the word so I never went back, that's a choice too.  And "pretty" girls, we find them pretty because that's the type of women we "choose" to be attracted to.  And art doesn't "move" us, we "choose" which art we wish to be moved by.  Yeah, that all makes perfect sense.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Behavior isn't black and white.  People develop over time, individually and collectively.  We come in many varieties ... not just two.  But we shouldn't deny our agency, our freedom of choice.  I can think about bestiality, but I don't have to act on it.  This is appropriate for something society considers to be taboo.  Gay marriage was considered taboo until recently.  The change (of at least a large percentage of the population) is incredibly fast.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

surreptitious57

There are straights and gays and lesbians and bisexuals and transgenders. There are straight men who have
sex with other men. There are straight women who have sex with other women. There are gays and lesbians
who have straight sex. There are trans who have both straight and gay sex. There are asexuals who have no
sexual desire and nymphomaniacs who are psychologically addicted to sex. It is more complex than just men 
and women being attracted to each other and with no variation on this because human sexuality is not binary 
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on February 02, 2016, 08:18:34 AM
not completely related to the topic but i am wondering how male gays get pleasure from the rectal massage...i mean what is the physiological mechanism...
To expand on Munch's response, male humans have this organ called the prostate gland. It is best reached through the rectum, and if you do it right it feels amazing.

Sent from Hell

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

drunkenshoe

Myeh...I still think we got the best deal in that department.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

widdershins

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 03, 2016, 06:52:39 AM
Myeh...I still think we got the best deal in that department.
By that I assume you mean women?  My sister used to say that women were better.  As evidence she offered that women have the tunnel of love whereas men have a snake that pukes.
This sentence is a lie...

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Goon

Christians will say anything to further their delusion. i mean, they'll just keep going over the same dribble in their minds to come to conclusions. they have to believe.. why? they can't all be stupid. that whole poisoning the minds of children thing is prominent. you almost have to have an underdeveloped brain to come to a biblical conclusion on our existence.
You evolutionists are spoiling our fun!

Dionysiou

More of this ridiculous gay oppression garbage. I mean you'd have to be a black, gay Jew to compete with the level of attention seeking and victimizing that goes on.

You know what i reckon, it's a medical condition. Including pedophiles, incest and bestiality. Due to the nature of the symptoms (feelings) and mass cases it is treated as an orientation. We're not evolving further, human bodies are just fucked chemically.

People will get all butt hurt coz i'm not following the trends but i know this particular condition well enough. My younger brother is openly gay. I watched the kid grow up and love him regardless. I'd draw parallels to this issue and religion. Cope.

Baruch

Quote from: Goon on February 06, 2016, 05:59:47 PM
Christians will say anything to further their delusion. i mean, they'll just keep going over the same dribble in their minds to come to conclusions. they have to believe.. why? they can't all be stupid. that whole poisoning the minds of children thing is prominent. you almost have to have an underdeveloped brain to come to a biblical conclusion on our existence.

First we believe as children.  Then we know as adults and forget our childish beliefs.  But when you grow old ... you see the value of childishness looking back at you from your grandchildren.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Dionysiou on February 18, 2016, 02:37:59 AM
More of this ridiculous gay oppression garbage. I mean you'd have to be a black, gay Jew to compete with the level of attention seeking and victimizing that goes on.

You know what i reckon, it's a medical condition. Including pedophiles, incest and bestiality. Due to the nature of the symptoms (feelings) and mass cases it is treated as an orientation. We're not evolving further, human bodies are just fucked chemically.

People will get all butt hurt coz i'm not following the trends but i know this particular condition well enough. My younger brother is openly gay. I watched the kid grow up and love him regardless. I'd draw parallels to this issue and religion. Cope.
For you, what is the difference between 'medical condition' and genetics?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Dionysiou

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 18, 2016, 09:31:07 AM
For you, what is the difference between 'medical condition' and genetics?

Most medical conditions require treatment. Or at least, people are aware of imbalances and want to address them. Genetics can also be shitty and sometimes things can be done about them. Saying homosexual attraction is genetic makes sense too but the issue is it's not seen as something to be fixed. They want to let the condition remain.

hypothetically, if there were a pill that pedophiles could take to inhibit their attraction to children, everyone would want them on it. So children would be safer.

In this case, it's two consenting adults, nobody being hurt. So it's left unaddressed. I really don't give a shit what ends up happening with the gays, i'm just not under any false pretense that their state is natural.

Also you've been conditioned to defend the gays and other minorities for a reason. This isn't about the world progressing forward and becoming more enlightened together. If the world gave a fuck and were intent on good, than poverty would have been eradicated long ago. Yet it gets little to no coverage at all.
instead this bullshit keeps coming up. I'm guessing de-population and the breakdown of the family unit are part of why this got the go ahead in the west. One of many government initiatives that will be progressively implemented to ram us in the ass. Shits fucked.   

Mike Cl

Quote from: Dionysiou on February 19, 2016, 01:29:55 AM
Most medical conditions require treatment. Or at least, people are aware of imbalances and want to address them. Genetics can also be shitty and sometimes things can be done about them. Saying homosexual attraction is genetic makes sense too but the issue is it's not seen as something to be fixed. They want to let the condition remain.

hypothetically, if there were a pill that pedophiles could take to inhibit their attraction to children, everyone would want them on it. So children would be safer.

In this case, it's two consenting adults, nobody being hurt. So it's left unaddressed. I really don't give a shit what ends up happening with the gays, i'm just not under any false pretense that their state is natural.

Also you've been conditioned to defend the gays and other minorities for a reason. This isn't about the world progressing forward and becoming more enlightened together. If the world gave a fuck and were intent on good, than poverty would have been eradicated long ago. Yet it gets little to no coverage at all.
instead this bullshit keeps coming up. I'm guessing de-population and the breakdown of the family unit are part of why this got the go ahead in the west. One of many government initiatives that will be progressively implemented to ram us in the ass. Shits fucked.
Wow!  You are one sick puppy!  Maybe you can see someone about your broken brain??!  Maybe one day you can become healthy.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Natural, un-natural, supernatural ... these are all loaded words on this BB.  Best to retire all three words.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.