"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Its like a computer, it might contain an endless access to knowledge, but that doesn't stop it being corrupted by viruses and adware, fucking it up inside.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on December 06, 2014, 05:10:40 PM
It sounds to me like this guy you mentioned might have Savant syndrome? He's apparently a genius but has a mental disorder in believing in unfounded fairytales and thinks it has a standard in reality.
The thing is, he's only convinced his IQ is 190.  I don't think he knows what that means exactly.  It's nothing more than an inflated ego.  In actual life, he has limited information about most everything, and is poor in basics like problem solving.  He believes he is logical, but could not give you a precise definition of logic.  He just assumes what he believes is logical, because well, he believes it, so it must be.  While intelligence may or may not be and end all be all, he has little of it, uses even less, and is actually willfully ignorant, although he will lecture you as an expert about most any topic.

Solitary

Hi all you adorable atheists, I made a choice to be who I am when I was born.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mermaid

Quote from: TrueStory on December 04, 2014, 03:27:42 PM
Being a choice is irrelevant.  It's just another word game that bible thumpers play to create an issue out of a non issue.  We should be able to have sex with any consensual partner we want to, no point discussing it further with someone who believes in magic.
It never ceases to amaze me how people attempt to control things that have nothing to do with them, don't affect them and is none of their business.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mermaid on December 07, 2014, 09:43:36 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how people attempt to control things that have nothing to do with them, don't affect them and is none of their business.
It's the "Rule of Can't".

I can, so you can't.
I can't, so you can't.
I want to, so you can't.
I don't want to, so you can't.
I'm afraid to, so you can't.
Fuck it, you just can't.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Aletheia

There's been some speculation that homosexual behavior may have stemmed from a need for social cohesion within a group, in which the hormones necessary for such a bond are tweaked to extend to members of the same sex. If this speculation is true, then it would be pitifully ironic that so much hate is directed toward what may have been an evolutionary strategy to increase social cohesion necessary for survival.

God says hate the gays and nature says love, love, love!
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

stromboli

Quote from: Aletheia on December 08, 2014, 08:30:48 PM
There's been some speculation that homosexual behavior may have stemmed from a need for social cohesion within a group, in which the hormones necessary for such a bond are tweaked to extend to members of the same sex. If this speculation is true, then it would be pitifully ironic that so much hate is directed toward what may have been an evolutionary strategy to increase social cohesion necessary for survival.

Right. I recall seeing similar statements, esp. among primate groups. The homosexuals in the group serve a function in child caring and bonding that benefits the tribe. I would far rather see a nurturing gay couple adopting an otherwise unwanted child and raising it lovingly than the "19 kids and counting" garbage we see in society. Makes a great deal more sense.

(edit) and again we are back to who the fuck business is it anyway who is fucking whom? If two people can find love with each other and form a special bond between them, why not? I'm reminded of the gay couple at my daughter's wedding. They came all the way from Philadelphia to participate in my daughter's wedding in Colorado and that by itself was special. And the in laws who were their family all accepted them without question. The night was memorable, it was special and full of love, everyone knowing and sharing hugs and family affection together.

aitm

interesting. i have never heard that before. I am a little skeptical of it but would love to see more.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

the_antithesis

"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice but I respect your opinion."

"Are you gay?"

"What?"

"I asked if you were gay?"

"No."

"Then shut up."

Aletheia

Quote from: aitm on December 08, 2014, 09:28:06 PM
interesting. i have never heard that before. I am a little skeptical of it but would love to see more.

So far, it's mostly speculation:

Click Here
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Atheon

Homosexuality can be a choice in the same way that I can just as easily choose to eat brussels sprouts (which I detest beyond measure) as I could choose to suck some guy's dick or let some dude buttfuck me (which I wouldn't derive any enjoyment out of whatsoever).

But just as I can't choose to like brussels sprouts, I can't choose to be gay.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aitm

Quote from: Aletheia on December 09, 2014, 04:20:31 AM
So far, it's mostly speculation:

Click Here
Interesting, but I still think it's a lot simpler than that. If humans can be born with both sex organs and with varying degrees of each, then certainly humans can be born with varying degrees of psychological androgyny.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

That's evolution mumbo-jumbo, and we all know evolution is a scam fabricated by the liberals.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: aitm on December 09, 2014, 07:30:26 AM
Interesting, but I still think it's a lot simpler than that. If humans can be born with both sex organs and with varying degrees of each, then certainly humans can be born with varying degrees of psychological androgyny.

Indeed, sexuality isn't as black and as it would appear, every persons sexuality has varying degrees, and yet its because of the constraints in society that they end up calling into different catagories. some might be only intrested in one sex, others might be intrested in both sexes, others might be intrested in any kind of sexuality, and so on, not forgetting all the endless fetishes people have coupled with that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin