Author Topic: "I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."  (Read 72422 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: "I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."
« Reply #435 on: April 18, 2019, 04:41:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good post ... shows more effort, less fanaticism,

I tend to post in science detail like that...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Munch

Re: "I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."
« Reply #436 on: April 18, 2019, 07:13:42 PM »
Nipples are developed before gender is actually physically determined by genes.  Genes don't all "kick in" at the same time.

The brain develops in accordance to gender hormones at about the same time.  Sometimes there can be differences in development.  I don't think in any way that it is "wrong" that the brain and later interests in sex can go "off" evolutionary routines and demands, but I do think homosexuality is due to that.

Homosexuality is no more a "failure" than handedness is.  You can develop in the womb to be left or right handed just as being homosexual or heterosexual.  And I don't think it is anything MOM did or didn't do either. 

It just IS how one's amazing complex brain happened to develop before birth.

Forgive our language (or my language skills) not allowing the nuances I would like to make.  But I take this subject seriously and from an evolutionary point of view with as little judgement as I can.

I guess I most base this on percentages, when you consider the numbers of gay and bis in the world compared to heterosexuals. There is as of still not a definitive answer for why it develops, we know it does in the animal kingdom too, though its more seen in species with community like lions or dolphins of chimps or penguins, and of course humans.

while there isn't solid proof yet why it occurs, its obvious something that develops in the starting stages, and since it doesn't kick in till hormones develop theres no way to tell what the sexuality will be.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk