"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aletheia

Quote from: Solitary on February 21, 2015, 08:57:12 PM
With a name like Peter. I can understand his dilemma.  :winkle:

Play nice Solitary.

Peter's facts might be off, but he has been quite civil and pleasant.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Moloth

Quote from: Peter23 on February 21, 2015, 07:12:15 PM
Its pretty simple. You are affected by ideas itself. Animals cant spread such things in a mental state in terms of what is right and what is wrong.

However, biologically we are like animals. The question is, should we act upon it?
See thats where we differs. We can think if its ok to do it or not. And its true that its considered unnatural for humans(In terms of what people say in general) and not in animals, simply because we cant know what animals think. (Which is why the popular frase says "Homosexuality is well documented in over 500 species. Homophobia exists in only 1. What seems unnatural now?")
And they are correct :) Because we cant know if animals are or aren't homophobic, only homosexuals. You can't ask them that stuff, only observe.

What does 'right and wrong' have to do with homosexuality?
" We can think if its ok to do it or not."
Yes, and look at the hatred, violence and suffering caused by those, who, for SOME REASON (RELIGION, HINT HINT), have 'decided' that it was not okay to do.

Quote from: Peter23 on February 21, 2015, 07:12:15 PM
And its true that its considered unnatural for humans(In terms of what people say in general)

that is absolutely the WORST measure of anything that i have ever heard.
There is nothing 'unnatural' about homosexuality in humans. Its always been there. It was not invented or 'decided' upon. Its just as natural an impulse as any other sexual impulse.
Consensus does not make reality. Just because most people thought slavery was okay did not make it moral, even at the time.
-=The Believer is Happy; the Skeptic is Wise=-

http://www.moloth.com

aitm

Peter 2:3
This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Moloth

wait, can we ban aitm for proselytizing and bible-quoting????

(i keed, i keed, <3 u aitm)

Aletheia

Quote from: Moloth on February 23, 2015, 02:21:45 PM
wait, can we ban aitm for proselytizing and bible-quoting????

(i keed, i keed, <3 u aitm)

Well, I guess I won't be needing this. The deposits on these things are outrageous.

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Moloth

winterland78

Hello. But on the contrary, homosexuality has been condemned by multiple people of different religions alike. By the responses here, it seems like the atheist religion believes that homosexuality is not a choice. I respect your beliefs and religious opinions, but enough biblical research and scientific evidence has been gathered to indeed conclude that homosexuality is a conscious choice, stemming from people who also drink, commit robbery, and abuse others. It's just the facts.

stromboli

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 09:03:59 PM
Hello. But on the contrary, homosexuality has been condemned by multiple people of different religions alike. By the responses here, it seems like the atheist religion believes that homosexuality is not a choice. I respect your beliefs and religious opinions, but enough biblical research and scientific evidence has been gathered to indeed conclude that homosexuality is a conscious choice, stemming from people who also drink, commit robbery, and abuse others. It's just the facts.

The bible is a work of fiction. you need to provide evidence to back your statement about science

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/homosexuality--choice-born-science_n_2003361.html

QuoteWe know, from many twin and adoption studies, that sexual preference has a genetic component.

A gay man is more likely than a straight man to have a (biological) gay brother; lesbians are more likely than straight women to have gay sisters.

In 1993, a study published in the journal Science showed that families with two homosexual brothers were very likely to have certain genetic markers on a region of the X chromosome known as Xq28. This led to media headlines about the possibility of the existence of a “gay gene” and discussions about the ethics of aborting a “gay” fetus.

Now please show us your scientific evidence to the contrary.

Munch

Quote from: winterland78 on March 05, 2015, 09:03:59 PM

And to that I say.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

winterland78

Hello. I wonder what proof you can show me that proves The Holy Bible is a work of fiction. I do not wish to disrespect any followers of the atheism religion, and I wish for this to be a respectful inter-faith dialogue. I do question that 'source' you quoted there. Not only does The Holy Bible condemn homosexuality decisively, but there have been countless hard-working scientific studies proving how homosexuality is negative to the human experience. They are almost limitless (you know what I mean).

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/gay-people-more-likely-to-have-mental-health-problems-survey-says-9709761.html

Thanks everybody, and I'd appreciate it if you could provide some references or citations from any atheism religious holy texts that may exist that you guys use as a source of theological guidance.

Munch

We use a remarkable thing known as a brain.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31/kathleen-taylor-religious-fundamentalism-mental-illness_n_3365896.html

See those of us who grew out of believing in make believe fantasy stories are those who went on to gain scientific degrees and medical doctorates.

stromboli

Your link talks about mental health, which is highly likely considering that gays are one of the most persecuted groups, by people like you. It has nothing to do with gay being a choice. Read the link I gave you in the other thread about 312 reasons Christianity is false.
http://www.kyroot.com/

Educate yourself. Its not our job to make you smarter.

Munch

One of the main reason for gay people struggling with their sexual identity is because of you religious cunts making them live a lie or beaten for trying to be themselves.

winterland78

Hello. I disagree with your assertion. Plenty of good Christians have gone on to excel and pave the way for achievements in science. The health industry and the area of physics come to mind as an area historically and even currently dominated by Christians. Non-Christian believers - even though we do not have constant contact with them - also have contributed great work and sacrifice to those fields.

I will further read the site you linked me to in the previous thread and this one - as per your request - but I do not agree with it's claims and they provide no evidence.

As for the homosexuality angle, once again, this is a crystal clear matter of scripture, ethics, morality, and the directives of God. Please do not be shy to provide any citations of a holy text that the atheism religion may have. I am very eager to talk with you and learn about your beliefs. Thanks everybody.