News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Doh! CPR..

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, December 03, 2014, 10:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

So today I got an email from the heart association to make CPR a required class to graduate high school and thought, What a good idea.. What possible excuse could any school board have for not making it a requirement?
I learned CPR as a kid when it wasn't a requirement and I've saved at least 3 lives because of an afternoon class. It should be a hell of a lot more important than whether or not little Johnny or Sally knows what the Buy Bull(shit) says..
CPR is basic shit that should be taught to everyone even before 7th grade..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

They taught it to us in PE, I became certified for it at age 14, though its probably rotted by now
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aitm

I wish they did that when I was in school. Lay Suzy on the floor and let me massage those big titties man....er........I mean, I want to learn to save a life. :whistle:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Agreed. CPR should be mandatory. It isn't that hard to learn and doesn't take that long.

aitm

As I was a life-guard for both the Red Cross and the Boy Scouts I always questioned the whole CPR thing just by realizing that if you could compress the chest and get air then the chest would draw air in naturally without have to do the nasty mouth to mouth thing as long as the air way was free. Now days they are pretty much saying the mTm is not really necessary in most cases. And the compression techniques have changed but as long as enough force in generated most any method will work fairly well.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Green Bottle

I learned it as part of a first aid course years ago but so far never had to use it, it should be taught in school from age 12/14 imo..
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Solitary

I think the Heimlich should be taught also---warning, unless one is certified, you can be sued if things go wrong. I got sued for using CPR when the person died from drowning, and because I was certified by the hospital I worked at, it was dismissed. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

The Skeletal Atheist

I learned cpr once. Unfortunately I think I did more harm to the poor doll than good.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on December 04, 2014, 11:56:17 AM
I learned cpr once. Unfortunately I think I did more harm to the poor doll than good.
You probably turned it gay and didn't pray for its mortal soul afterwards..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

baddogma

Could it be a coincidence that public schools stopped teaching CPR on dummies about the same time aitm mistook a practice dummy for a flesh lite?
"The only way you can be certain that there are good people in the world is to BE one".
-My mother

Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right.

stromboli

Quote from: baddogma on December 05, 2014, 03:15:39 PM
Could it be a coincidence that public schools stopped teaching CPR on dummies about the same time aitm mistook a practice dummy for a flesh lite?

I knew that would come back to haunt him......

Solitary

What's really sad, is they had to get rid of the dummy after its belly ballooned up.  :naughty:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.