This is why Christians piss me off so much

Started by widdershins, February 28, 2013, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

I just read a news article about one John Freshwater, a middle school teacher fired for teaching creationism in the classroom, to say the least.  This asshole has blatantly violated the ban on teaching creationism and intelligent design in his classroom for years and has no problem costing the school district over $900,000 to date fighting his firing.  And how does he fight it?  With blatant lies.

In one claim not even considered in his firing the family of a student filed a lawsuit because he burned a cross into their son's arm.  What was his response to this?  He was simply demonstrating a scientific principle.  And it wasn't a cross at all.  It was an X.  It took very little research to find a picture.  Just Google his name and the picture comes up.  Here is a picture of the "X" he burned on the student's arm.

As an X, that is the funniest looking X I have ever seen.  As a cross, however, it is obvious.  This fucking douchebag has no problem whatsoever blatantly lying and costing the school district nearly a million dollars (and climbing) to fight his termination, which by every intent of the law was very much justified.  And he has no problem whatsoever lying about his conduct in class, lying about the very fact that he was teaching creationism and, as other teachers claimed, improperly teaching evolution, which later teachers then had to re-teach to students who didn't understand the "proper" scientific theory and lying about his blatant attempts to indoctrinate students, once telling the class that Catholics weren't Christians.

THIS is why I get pissed off when I hear the word "Christian".  I know most of them are not like this, but this is the kind that makes the news.  Lying, cheating, vile little puke bags who value their dumb-fuck superstitious beliefs over the well being of children, over the fragile budget of the school district, over even the truth.  What could your school district do with an extra million dollars?  What school district couldn't use it?  The truth is meaningless to these pricks.  It's all about "The Truth" to them, which in no way resembles anything close to actual "truth".
This sentence is a lie...

Brian37

Someone posted a picture online of the top of an apple that looked like a old granny and they put a headscarf on it. So does that mean granny is our god?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Praise jesus for these pukes. They weaken all the other puke claims with flair..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

This is scary. If in fact  SCOTUS finds for Freshwater, the separation church and state is breached. The last thing we need is to open that door for the creationists and the fundie nut jobs.

widdershins

I don't think he has a chance in hell.  The violation was blatant.  Only he and his lawyers don't see it.

Thumpalumpacus

I don't give a shit what shape the alleged scar is.  If you burn a scar in my son's arm, you'd best move out of the country, because I'm probably going to kill you.
<insert witty aphorism here>

SGOS

Quote from: "widdershins"I don't think he has a chance in hell.  The violation was blatant.  Only he and his lawyers don't see it.
It IS a blatant violation.  He was given ample warning on several occasions.  But court rulings can be surprising sometimes.  So blatant that if it weren't for the cross burning thing, I would have guessed it was done to test the courts and planned by big backers.

Aroura33

Quote from: "widdershins"I don't think he has a chance in hell.  The violation was blatant.  Only he and his lawyers don't see it.
You'd think that...but then there is this:

QuoteJustice Paul Pfeifer was incredulous when Smith argued that Freshwater's evolution class wouldn't have been covered under the school district's controversial-issues policy.

"So there's nothing controversial about evolution," he said. "It is a theory, isn't it?"

Many, many facepalms that even ONE supreme court justice thinks that.  This country is soooo full of stupid fuckers, they infest it from top to bottom like a plague.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Zatoichi

"If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it." ~Skippy's List

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote"With the exception of the cross-burning episode. ... I believe John Freshwater is teaching the values ....yada yada yada"

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

widdershins

Quote from: "Aroura33"
You'd think that...but then there is this:

QuoteJustice Paul Pfeifer was incredulous when Smith argued that Freshwater's evolution class wouldn't have been covered under the school district's controversial-issues policy.

"So there's nothing controversial about evolution," he said. "It is a theory, isn't it?"

Many, many facepalms that even ONE supreme court justice thinks that.  This country is soooo full of stupid fuckers, they infest it from top to bottom like a plague.
That is true, but he still lost the case, regardless of the obvious and incredible ignorance of this one justice.  This is exactly the reason there is more than a single judge hearing cases at this level.

mnmelt

Forget his stupidity..
Why is this Jag off not in jail for child abuse???!!!!!!
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

widdershins

Quote from: "mnmelt"Forget his stupidity..
The cross is not as bad as it at first sounds, not to defend a moron.  It did not leave permanent scars.  It faded in a few weeks.  Not to downplay it at all.  If charges were brought for child abuse I'm quite sure they would have stuck.  Cross or X, it was an extremely stupid thing to do, to say the least.  And he should have known better than to use a high voltage piece of equipment (reports vary on what equipment) on a student anyway, even if the intention was not to burn a symbol on the student.  And, assuming the rest of it wasn't the dumbest thing a teacher has ever done, I would think a much shorter line would have demonstrated whatever idiotic concept was going through his head just as well as two very long lines.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "widdershins"
Quote from: "mnmelt"Forget his stupidity..
The cross is not as bad as it at first sounds, not to defend a moron.  It did not leave permanent scars.  It faded in a few weeks.  Not to downplay it at all.  If charges were brought for child abuse I'm quite sure they would have stuck.  Cross or X, it was an extremely stupid thing to do, to say the least.  And he should have known better than to use a high voltage piece of equipment (reports vary on what equipment) on a student anyway, even if the intention was not to burn a symbol on the student.  And, assuming the rest of it wasn't the dumbest thing a teacher has ever done, I would think a much shorter line would have demonstrated whatever idiotic concept was going through his head just as well as two very long lines.

None of that matters.  If you mark up my son, your ass is grass, and I'm yankin' the cord on the mower.  I don't care if he used kitten-fur, that shit ain't right.

No school has the right to inflict that sort of harm on a pupil, and the particular shape of the scar doesn't matter.  Any teacher stupid enough to think that that is appropriate is definitely too stupid to teach my son, and probably too stupid to avoid my tender mercies.  :)
<insert witty aphorism here>