"Religion is always evil" DISCLAIMER: TEST

Started by mediumaevum, November 26, 2014, 07:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: mediumaevum on November 26, 2014, 09:26:59 AM
I am not a troll, but I actually did a test on you.

That'll teach me to read the entire thread before posting.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

mediumaevum

I promise you, I will never do such a test again.
Enough is enough.

Excuses won't help me either.
But i'm sorry anyway

mediumaevum

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 26, 2014, 11:50:54 AM
Besides, none of us share the same opinions 100%. We are not 'one collective' here on this forum; not one organism that thinks the same thing on everything. I think it only natural to expect at least someone to call you out on saying bullshit no matter what you say at no matter which at least marginaly popular forum on the internet. So if you're going to say that 'philosophy has the real thing', no matter what you say about religion or atheïsm, you can bet money that some will respond in disagreement.

Serious question though. If you've come to the point that you're testing people you don't even know through the internet because you keep getting treated unfairly or at least you have the feeling that everyone is unfair to you, shouldn't it be time to look at what you might be doing wrong? From your explanation it's clear we're not the only forum that you feel does you wrong. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you feel that way.
Is it the way you phrase things, making them come out more vague and less interesting/convincing to your fellow forumgoers?
Do you perhaps have unfair expectations of other people on the internet? After all if you care so much about being taken serious by a bunch of assholes behind their computers like us, may that be sign that you need a lot of validation/recognition and think you automatically deserve it?
Are you maybe trying to hard to fit in? Because it appears like you're trying, definitely in your other threads, but don't understand the concept. When I joined this forum I tried to make it an as little deal as possible. Hell, I tried to avoid attention. I wanted to understand what kind of people were behind the avatars and tried to make myself at home. But I sure as hell didn't look at the people on this forum from the outside. Which meant that it didn't even cross my mind to lay out 'tests'.

Now I'm not a psychologist. And I don't know you. So I could very well be way off. But I do know that if I run into a recurring problem in my life, I ask myself questions before thinking everyone is against me. If you haven't done that already, which you might have, please concider that before telling us we've failed your biased and self entitled test.

If you really want to be concidered a part of this forum; chill. And foremost don't come to a sceptic's playground and expect to not get told why your argument sucks. It's gonna happen.

P.S. Your test is this vague and ill-phrased so called "pro-atheïst" argument. And you get one negative response to it; a response not even going against anything 'pro-atheïst' but rather against 'philosophy'... And that's your proof that no matter what you say is bullshit to us? Really?

That's one of the best posts I've read so far on this forum.

As to if I think about why I fail in every social encounter, all I can tell you is that I do, and I do ask what I'm doing wrong, but how and why is not a matter for this forum or this thread.

mediumaevum

Fact of the matter is, I originally did not intend to make this a test. But I turned it into a test, because I wanted to know if people react negatively to me no matter whatever I say.
When I realized my OP was taken with negative response, I chose to turn it into a test in a desperate hope of not ridiculing myself even further. Turned out to be a huge counterattack on myself.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: mediumaevum on November 26, 2014, 02:49:50 PM
Fact of the matter is, I originally did not intend to make this a test. But I turned it into a test, because I wanted to know if people react negatively to me no matter whatever I say.
When I realized my OP was taken with negative response, I chose to turn it into a test in a desperate hope of not ridiculing myself even further. Turned out to be a huge counterattack on myself.

AKA: "Everyone got pissed off at me due to my lack of judgement..... Sike! It's a joke!"

aitm

Quote from: mediumaevum on November 26, 2014, 02:49:50 PM

Sometimes in life, no matter how hard we try or want it to happen, it simply won't. I fear even though you have tried, that this place is not for you. Perhaps in the future....but not now. Sorry, but that is life. Continue at your own risk.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

Attention whoring fuckery.

Yes, I am profane today. SUE ME.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

mediumaevum

Quote from: Mermaid on November 26, 2014, 09:07:16 PM
Attention whoring fuckery.

Yes, I am profane today. SUE ME.

Actually, I don't want to be attention-seeking. Apparently I am, but I don't want to. I'm sorry.

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteI am not a troll, but...
Just like Best Buy isn't trolling the public with their Black Friday sale where if you show up 2 hours before they open you get a chance to get a ticket to shop early to buy shit for the same price (or higher) that you could have bought cheaper 3 weeks ago! 
No..not trolling at all.. :naughty:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Johan

Quote from: mediumaevum on November 26, 2014, 09:26:59 AM
So, I did a test here. I presented some arguments AGAINST religion. Carefully wrapped up like a christmas gift, but still, it was an argument against religion and pro-atheist.

Yet, you say I am wrong.
Yes. Because the bogus argument you presented is weak. It has NOTHING to do with who posted it. It has EVERYTHING to do with what was said.

I will probably regret trying to explain this to you but here goes anyway. Your argument was that religion is evil because it requires conformity. That is simply not a very good argument. Conformity isn't the problem. If you take conformity out of society you get anarchy. No one wants that.

If you want people to stop disregarding your arguments, put your energy into learning to make better arguments rather than trying to prove its all some bullshit conspiracy against you personally.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

There you go trying to get medium to grasp logical thinking again.. It's a lost cause..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mediumaevum

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 27, 2014, 10:20:46 AM
There you go trying to get medium to grasp logical thinking again.. It's a lost cause..

It's not a lost cause.

To Johan: I will try my best, but before I do so, I will have a small break from this forum.
I will use that break to learn how to present arguments, learn a little philosophy and so on.

Berati

Quote from: mediumaevum on November 26, 2014, 07:54:13 AM
EDITED: PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS THREAD IT IS A TEST!

FYI, Every atheist forum I have participated in over the years has had christians showing up pretending to be atheists. They always do this because of the false notion that we will always stick up for each other. Like we're some kind of unified group. And that because of this we will easily be led astray by flawed arguments as long as they are anti religious.
These tests never work... ever.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Moralnihilist

Ive been quiet on the forum for a while, just content to sit back and read. However the OP seems to have quite a set of balls on him(her?). Exactly what were you expecting to achieve on an Atheist forum(people who are generally capable of thought) with an obviously loaded and bullshit "test"? And secondly what the hell makes you think that you are in any position to "test" us? Do you honestly think that you are the first religiotard to come here with that bullshit?

Atheists(especially on here) are a large and diverse group. We don't fit into the traditional group mind of religious people. In fact some of the biggest "fights" on this forum are between Atheists. We fucking LOVE to argue and call bullshit. Your "test" was just that pure unadulterated weapons grade bullshit.

Recently(since Sabrina left) the only religious people that come here kick up a shit storm and then bitch and moan about how bad they are being treated. Frankly Id love to see all the stupid fuckers banned, including the retarded OP. Just give the little retards one fucking shot, the second they prove to be as dumb as the rest insta-hammer.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

mediumaevum

Quote from: Moralnihilist on November 27, 2014, 07:40:02 PM
Ive been quiet on the forum for a while, just content to sit back and read. However the OP seems to have quite a set of balls on him(her?). Exactly what were you expecting to achieve on an Atheist forum(people who are generally capable of thought) with an obviously loaded and bullshit "test"? And secondly what the hell makes you think that you are in any position to "test" us? Do you honestly think that you are the first religiotard to come here with that bullshit?

Atheists(especially on here) are a large and diverse group. We don't fit into the traditional group mind of religious people. In fact some of the biggest "fights" on this forum are between Atheists. We fucking LOVE to argue and call bullshit. Your "test" was just that pure unadulterated weapons grade bullshit.

Recently(since Sabrina left) the only religious people that come here kick up a shit storm and then bitch and moan about how bad they are being treated. Frankly Id love to see all the stupid fuckers banned, including the retarded OP. Just give the little retards one fucking shot, the second they prove to be as dumb as the rest insta-hammer.

Firstly, I would like to say that throughout my time on this forum, I have never contested Evolution, I have never claimed one particular religion to be true or above others, I have never claimed the Biblical, Islamic or just about any other religious text to be true and contested scientific findings.

What I did, was to present people with the opinion that there MAY BE more to the universe than what we are currently capable of knowing today. That was all I did.
But that simple statement pissed off all of you people on this forum.

Secondly, Atheists may have political disputes. They may even disagree on science/research and hence the results or conclusions of experiments. I agree so far.
But if ANYONE try and come here (this forum) and bring forth just a little, tiny, micro-argument in favor of something that you Atheists are against, (atheism btw. means lack of belief, not anti-belief, but in this forum, you are all against, say, religion or just about anything that doesn't fit into your worldview!) you get pissed off to the extend of not resorting to arguments and decent discussions.
Instead, you stoop to a level of throwing about you with "bullshit!"-statements.

Thirdly, you don't even know what a retard is. If I was retarded, I would not even be able to write a sentence in a second language. And throwing about you with "you are retarded"-statements isn't arguments either, you are simply making yourself worth less than one capable of Darwin Awards.