News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mike and Molly

Started by aitm, November 21, 2014, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

For those of you unfamiliar:  http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mike-molly-season-four-ratings-30659/

When this show first hit the air I was quite happy about it. It was a show without the usual hot chick and the stud guy....it even went the opposite direction, two regular looking obese people. Finally we were getting rid of hollywood stereotypical "all model actors pretending to live normal lives" We had a show with fat people. Fat people? Fat people stars? I watched it and chuckled for about 3 episodes and then it dawned on me.....I really don't want to watch a show with obese people as the primary actors.

I am kind of surprised at my lack of sensitivity and apparent shallowness towards them. The show, other than having pretty mediocre plots, just doesn't do anything at all for me. I can't even watch it anymore as I find it just......bleah.

I find myself when watching imagining the hibbity-jibbety and frankly....ew.  So I wonder if hollywood prejudiced me after all these years or if I was just always like this cause I am one of the beautiful people... kinda.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

As a person who has dealt with weight issues and not really into TV anyway, I didn't watch it after one episode. The "Fat cop" thing didn't sit with me, because I was in shape when I wore a uniform. I can't even tell you what the show's main theme was.

Solitary

I watched it for awhile, but couldn't stand his character after awhile.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mr.Obvious

Never really watched the show. But if you're concerned about your reaction, don't be to hasty to put it on shallowness. I don't know you irl, nor the show really. But maybe the plot's just not good or the acting's bad. IDK
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's like every other TV sitcom.. Crapovision.. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.