News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Really Bill? Goddamn it.

Started by aitm, November 19, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a legal principle involving how the government can treat a suspect.  In theory it is even honored.

But it is a legal principle for the government.  People are free to make their own judgements.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

stromboli

True. You can also say that the preponderance of evidence can convict him of a crime. The problem being is that it is essentially hearsay- even though there are many separate accounts, as far as I can see, there is lack of corroboration for the most part, of individual accounts. My thinking is that either he is one very smart man, picking his victims and situations with great care, or he is not guilty of all the events. I don't think from this point he can get out from under it, simply because there are too many accounts and he has to disprove each one; something very hard to do.

However much face he has lost, unless it can be proven within the statute of limitations he has committed a crime, he won't be anything more than a dishonored and fallen icon.

Mermaid

As is the case so much of the time, it's his word against theirs.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Just when I thought he couldn't look worse.

QuoteBill Cosby Breaks Silence: I Only Expect Black Media to Remain ‘Neutral’ Amid Rape Allegations
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-breaks-silence-black-media-stay-neutral-073643824.html
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

I'm surprised that no third party has made an investigation into the charges. If one or more of the claims can be shown as false, it throws doubt on the others. If he is guilty and is never charged, it still comes back to innuendo and he can ultimately deflect the charges. He may lose credibility and never be seen in the same light, but won't spend a day in jail.

That he has not himself undertaken to vigorously disprove the charges makes you wonder. At this point you get the impression he is just riding it out until it dies away.

PickelledEggs

So.... I was on youtube and one of the news videos that came up was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOkX4EmL98

Janice Dickenson referenced having sex with Bill Cosby in 2006. She didn't specifically say it was rape back then, but she did say she could not give any details because she was afraid of what would happen. It seems to align pretty well for the accusations against Cosby.... Any remaining doubt doubt that I had about the claims against Bill are gone now.

caseagainstfaith

I don't have any idea what BC is guilty of.  I can say that one of the recent claims I read -- the victim claimed that she had one sip and immediately knew she had been drugged, cussed him out, and dragged herself out of the house before she passed out -- pretty hard to believe.  I just can't hardly believe that the drink could be that strongly drugged.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

PickelledEggs

In terms of legal issues, I don't know of anything that is on the table. I just know that a lot of women have been coming forth in the last month or so. I don't want to believe it, but the facts seem to be stacked against him.

aitm

Yeah, I doubt he will ever be charged, statue of lim. and all that. But maybe civil, however the hell they can prove that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust