News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Really Bill? Goddamn it.

Started by aitm, November 19, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

its a hentai joke, a lot of hentai starts as rape that everyone ends up enjoying, because hentai.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

You can stop grinning now! And Jack says: "Shut the fuck up dumb ass!"
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mermaid on November 28, 2014, 08:58:43 PM
By the way, what does this mean?
Oh, just a stupid little joke from this review of a... "show," whose reason for existing keeps me up at night:

[spoiler=Not for the faint of heart]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AASL_E3XGM[/spoiler]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Aletheia

I stand in awe over all the possible implications...

1.) Bill Cosby is a potential serial rapist spanning decades undetected.

2.) 20 or so women are willing to pretend to have been sexually assaulted in an almost coordinated manner in order to tear down a celebrity who has tried to give back good things to the community.

3.) A lot of people have no FUCKING clue that our justice system is based on the notion that a person is innocent until proven guilty, which means the burden of proof is on the ones making the accusations.

4.) A lot of people fail to understand that rumors do not equal truth.

5.) If Bill Cosby was indeed a serial rapist - how the hell do you keep that many victims quiet?

I'm awaiting the evidence (if here is any) with the assumption of Cosby's innocence unless proven otherwise.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Jason78

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 20, 2014, 04:23:38 PM
Agree man, there are some celebrities out there that do good things for the sake of it and not for the publicity they might get , Bob Geldoff for instance.

Wait... What?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

Quote from: Aletheia on November 29, 2014, 06:13:36 AM

5.) If Bill Cosby was indeed a serial rapist - how the hell do you keep that many victims quiet?

Most rapes go unreported because of the blame and doubt that are being cast on the women who have come forward. Exactly like is happening with all the women coming forward about Cosby now. With support and numbers come courage. Even when reported, rape very very rarely results in jail time for the accused. https://www.rainn.org/statistics

It is not hard at all to understand how a manipulative person could persuade women to keep quiet because nobody would believe them, and offer to pay them off at the same time. A lot of them were very young at the time of the alleged assaults. A lot of children never come forward about being molested because they are convinced bad things will happen or that nobody will believe them. Being assaulted is bad enough. It's often worse to be subject to that sort of scrutiny and doubt afterward. I don't blame anyone for not reporting it.

I was sexually assaulted when I was 15, and I reported it immediately. Most people, including my parents, were supportive and acted appropriately. But I was subject to rumor, doubt and even disdain and anger by some of my peers who accused me of making it up for the attention--one of those peers was the daughter of the police officer who I went to after it happened, and who was involved in my case. I am pretty sure she absorbed that doubt from her father. There was never any arrest, never even a suspect. The rape kit was never processed. There was nothing.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

I have not followed up on most articles out of dissappointment, but I did see a snippet where many were paid off.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

The idea of innocent until proven guilty goes right out the door if you're arrested for minor charges once you've been booked into jail. Once you step foot in that jail most of our society assumes you're guilty for merely being there.. IUPG is and always has been a farce..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

I hate to say it, but from my experience I have to agree, the system and people assume you are guilty or you wouldn't be arrested, and even if you aren't and just accused you are, however, it is true that women are put through the ringer if they report a rape. And accusing someone for molestation is impossible to prove without witnesses. When I was working in the local school district I was in a room alone that was boarded up, and had a 12-13 year old girl jump up on me and put her arms and legs around me and kiss me on the mouth. At the same time a male teacher came in the door and told the girl to leave. If the same thing hadn't happen to him I would probably be in prison now. This is a real problem, because a lot of young girls get a crush and when it isn't reciprocated get jealous and want revenge.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 29, 2014, 09:47:48 AM
The idea of innocent until proven guilty goes right out the door if you're arrested for minor charges once you've been booked into jail. Once you step foot in that jail most of our society assumes you're guilty for merely being there.. IUPG is and always has been a farce..

Unless, or course, you are a wealthy celebrity with lawyers. You can ride the IUPG card for a long time on that boat; Bill, it seems, has. If he is guilty he is a very bad man. But if we are talking like 20 women, some of whom were bought off, in my mind it calls into question exactly what they viewed as rape. Sadly, women have a hard time proving rape short of being beaten savagely and having obvious evidence on their bodies. None of these women, so far as I know, were beaten into submission. So coercion was involved, certainly. Cosby is a smart man with college degrees. He certainly knows the playground he plays in, so coercion is well within his ability.

But no matter how he is blamed, there is always going to be an element of doubt, because of the time involved and the lack of what appears to be prima facie evidence.

And to mention Sol's post, I for one studiously avoid being in a situation where anyone, man or woman, could ever claim anything against me. It happened to me once at Hill that a woman who didn't like me made claims about me that were totally fabricated. It was disproven quickly, fortunately, but I got the message. When I was a youth leader with Jesus People Ministries, I would never be in a room without the door being open or another adult as witness. There were a couple of Hispanic girls from broken homes that attended and were certainly vulnerable. Likewise as a Boy Scout assistant scoutmaster, there was one boy rumored to be gay. I made damn sure we were never in the same tent together.  :biggrin:

Aletheia

@Mermaid.

The number of victims being silent just astounded me. Somehow, it seemed intuitive that at least one out of twenty would've said something. However, based on facts, this is probably very unlikely.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Mermaid

Actually some did come forward contemporaneously. Which resulted in exactly nothing.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

Some did come forward, and were intimidated or bought off. Such is the culture in this country where this regularly occurs. I've read statistics that only 30-45% of rapes actually get reported, because they are most often a dominance situation where the rapist has control of the victim's life in one form or another. I grew up with a girl who we always thought "wasn't right", kind of backward and afraid of people. It was well into my adulthood before I found out she had been victimized by her father, a respected teacher in our high school, for many years. He himself was secretly a polygamist as well. It was only after his death that she was able to come forward and tell the truth.

And in her case, it was religion that was used to cloak his activities. He was a Seminary teacher at our high school.

AllPurposeAtheist

A bit unrelated, but back in the late 80s, early 90s a lot of fathers were getting locked up on molestation charges with their own kids for merely giving their kids baths. It worked like this: Quasi social worker would show kid a doll, point to the crotch and lead the kids with "Daddy touched you here didn't he?", but then some smart people realized that it was a setup. Words were put into children's mouths, even kids incapable of speech yet. Most of those cases were eventually dropped and the men released, but the damage was done.
Back then a good friend of mine moved to upstate NY and bought a farm. A few years later his wife left and he got custody of the kids. Shortly after that some social worker pulled out the stops, he lost his kids, farm and everything he'd ever worked for and spent 3 years in Attica prison before he was released and all charges dropped. His ex wife had nothing to do with the accusations, but the county took all of his property and his kids.
We lost contact after that and to this day I have no idea if he ever saw his kids again.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Aroura33

Quote from: Mermaid on December 02, 2014, 08:12:28 AM
Actually some did come forward contemporaneously. Which resulted in exactly nothing.
Yes from what I read, Bill settled out of court with one of the girls who filed charges at the time, and the others (at least 2 others came forward at the time of the assault) all resulted in nothing.  There are reasons the majority of sexual assault victims stay silent.  You often get a lot of extra shame and unwanted publicity and nothing else.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy