Sounds Like God To Me

Started by Solitary, November 13, 2014, 09:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d950201.htm

Quotehttp://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d950201.htm

The Deceptions of Satan the Devil

by Ernest L. Martin, Ph.D., 1995

To put the matter in a single phrase, the greatest deception of Satan is to prompt you, me and everyone in the world to believe that he is not Satan. He manipulates us to accept something quite opposite. Satan wants people to believe that he is a righteous spirit being who has nothing but your interest (and the interest of all human beings on earth) as his chief desire and that his ultimate goal is to promote your welfare and prosperity.

Truly, he wants you to succeed and be prosperous if you will only do things his way. Using the vernacular of the present day, though Satan is truly a bad guy (the worst of the worst), he projects himself to the world and to you and me as a good guy (the best of the best) and Satan has accomplished his task quite effectively. Truthfully, however, Christ Jesus accurately called Satan a murderer from the beginning. He goes about as a roaring lion to devour whom he might, but the impression that Satan wishes to give of himself is utterly different.

He wants to express to the world (and to you and me) the very opposite characteristics. And believe me, Satan has managed to pull off the grandest subterfuge ever conceived in the history of the world.

This Doctrinal Report will give four propositions which will demonstrate how the deceptions of Satan work within the environment of our world societies. This Report will reveal the real attitude of Satan with a proper biblical description of Satan’s methods and desires. It will show his tactics that most people in the world do not recognize as originating from Satan.

It is time for people in the world to be introduced to the methods of the real Satan, the Satan that most people do not know. For the first time some people will finally discover just what Satan is concocting to influence human kind and why you and I should recognize that we ourselves have been deceived by Satan and that we need to resist him and his deceptive ways.
Brought to you by an educated idiot with a Ph, D in superstitious nonsense.  :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

Sounds like the same kind of guy that stands against a unified government because that will bring the world closer to "the end times"
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

How it should be read: http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d950201.htm

To put the matter in a single phrase, the greatest deception of God is to prompt you, me and everyone in the world to believe that he is God. He manipulates us to accept something quite opposite. God wants people to believe that he is a righteous spirit being who has nothing but your interest (and the interest of all human beings on earth) as His chief desire and that His ultimate goal is to promote your welfare and prosperity.

Truly, He wants you to succeed and be prosperous if you will only do things His way. Using the vernacular of the present day, though God is truly a bad guy (the worst of the worst), He projects Himself to the world and to you and me as a good guy (the best of the best) and God has accomplished his task quite effectively. He goes about as a roaring lion to devour whom He might, but the impression that God wishes to give of Himself is utterly different.

He wants to express to the world (and to you and me) the very opposite characteristics. And believe me, God has managed to pull off the grandest subterfuge ever conceived in the history of the world.

This Doctrinal Report will give four propositions which will demonstrate how the deceptions of God work within the environment of our world societies. This Report will reveal the real attitude of God with a proper biblical description of God's methods and desires. It will show His tactics that most people in the world do not recognize as originating from God.

It is time for people in the world to be introduced to the methods of the real Satan, the Satan that most people do not know. For the first time some people will finally discover just what God is concocting to influence human kind and why you and I should recognize that we ourselves have been deceived by God and that we need to resist Him and His deceptive ways.  :super:

stromboli

Ernest L. Martin was an acolyte of Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God and was an ordained minister under that auspice. Impeccable credentials, imo.

aitm

Nobody gets rich when the gods disappear.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

Quote from: stromboli on November 13, 2014, 10:28:48 AM
Ernest L. Martin was an acolyte of Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God and was an ordained minister under that auspice. Impeccable credentials, imo.

He gave weather reports, while parading around as an archeologist, and an uncredited Ph, D is hardly good credentials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_L._Martin

1958: He attended Ambassador College at Pasadena, California in 1958 and later transferred to the campus in England.

1959: He was ordained as a minister of the Radio Church of God in 1959 and continued with his studies at Ambassador College to finally earn an unaccredited Ph.D in education during 1966.

1974: In 1974 Martin wrote the first of five editions of The Tithing Dilemma of which over 100,000 copies were sold.

Ernest L. Martin attended grade and high school in Exeter, California and graduated from the College of the Sequoias in Visalia, California which specialized in meteorology. From 1950 to 1954 he was a member of the United States Air Force which sent him to the University of New Mexico to further his education in meteorology, and following this he then became a weather forecaster in Greenland. He spent another year working at Lowry AFB working in research and development for High Altitude studies in Denver, Colorado.

kilodelta

"1959: He was ordained as a minister of the Radio Church of God in 1959 and continued with his studies at Ambassador College to finally earn an unaccredited Ph.D in education during 1966."

If this fellow was still among the living, I'd tell him to call me Doctor because I gave myself a Ph.D. equivalent to the one he had.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

This guy has twenty two uses of the word "penis" in his article...

Funny out-of-context quotes from the article:

"I have them assembling where they can find upright and erect penises over their churches."

"...God [laughed] every day a church is erected with an erect penis on the top to identify it."

"Why, every time my wife goes to buy groceries, she passes three churches which have those erect penises identifying them. Believe me, she knows what they signify. The least the ministers of those churches could do is to put some kind of covering over their penis-signs to hide them from the sight of my wife and the general public. "

"It is time that the Christian ministers and priests be honest enough with the general public to put the same kind of sheath over the penis-signs on the top of their churches."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Solitary

I have a Doctorate of Iconoclastics.  I know, it sounds like a rock band. :biggrin: Call me Doctor Big Daddy.

Desdinova

QuoteTruly, he wants you to succeed and be prosperous if you will only do things his way. Using the vernacular of the present day, though Satan is truly a bad guy (the worst of the worst), he projects himself to the world and to you and me as a good guy (the best of the best) and Satan has accomplished his task quite effectively. Truthfully, however, Christ Jesus accurately called Satan a murderer from the beginning. He goes about as a roaring lion to devour whom he might, but the impression that Satan wishes to give of himself is utterly different.

Satan is hurt........

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Jason78

Truly, he wants you to succeed and be prosperous if you will only do things his way. Using the vernacular of the present day, though Satan is truly a bad guy (the worst of the worst), he projects himself to the world and to you and me as a good guy (the best of the best) and Satan has accomplished his task quite effectively.

A cursory reading of this seems to suggest that Satan is Jesus.

The best good guy that I can think of that's available to the author is Jesus. 
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato