News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Should we teach intelligent design?

Started by MagetheEntertainer, November 17, 2014, 07:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

You made some good points in that video. Intelligent Design should not be taught in public schools because it is a religious concept based on superstition and myths with no reliable evidence to support it, period. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

the funny thing about religious education, when I was in school some 20 years ago, we had it, but I honestly cannot remember anything about what was taught in it, unlike my french or english lit in shakespeare. The only thing I DO remember about it was learning about the second world war, everything else is just forgotten.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Some invisible dude in the sky that nobody has ever seen and will never even have a chance at seeing until they die when suddenly upon death those secret decoding eyes work to see the invisible 'creator'...?  Sounds reasonable. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Here's an idea: Why don't we make secret decoder rings, and sell them with a scroll signed by Jesus that guaranties them a place in heaven for a cut rate price of $6.66.  :lol:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on November 17, 2014, 05:34:36 PM
Here's an idea: Why don't we make secret decoder rings, and sell them with a scroll signed by Jesus that guaranties them a place in heaven for a cut rate price of $6.66.  :lol:
I'm all for scamming the dumb fuckers for Jesus! :biggrin:
ChristianFuckBuddies! :super:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

I don't have a problem with a comparative study that shows how ridiculous intelligent design is.

PickelledEggs

lol good video.

I like that you actually show your face in this one... but at the same time I miss the dynamic-ness of the other ones where you cut to different images. Just a suggestion, but maybe there is a way to do both?

Other than that, it's perfect. Great length, short and to the point (especially good for the distractable youtube crowd), amazing content... really good video.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on November 17, 2014, 05:42:24 PM
I don't have a problem with a comparative study that shows how ridiculous intelligent design is.
When I was in middle school, I remember a math teacher shortly making a comment that "some people believe the story of adam and eve" It was too long ago to remember if she sounded like she believed it or if she was just commenting on people that do, but I remember bursting out exclaiming "people actually believe that?" along with a few other people.

This was a few years before I realized the rest of christianity was completely ridiculous, but I still recognized the absurdity of the story of Adam and Eve.

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 17, 2014, 05:46:21 PM
lol good video.

I like that you actually show your face in this one... but at the same time I miss the dynamic-ness of the other ones where you cut to different images. Just a suggestion, but maybe there is a way to do both?

Other than that, it's perfect. Great length, short and to the point (especially good for the distractable youtube crowd), amazing content... really good video.

Yeah I have a few videos that are both me on camera as well as pictures, the thing about the slide show videos is that they take much longer to make because it takes several hours just to find good, hi res, relevant pictures with a 16:9 aspect ratio

aitm

Only if we can re-label it, "pretty fucking stupid design". I mean lets be real, if I could create shit, I would not have created shit that needs to shit,,,whats up with that anyway? Why do we have to breath? What the fuck is with guts and all that goo. Shit man, stupid fucking design.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

I don't have a problem teaching intelligent design as long as you laugh hysterically every time you mention it.

Green Bottle

Cool vid Mage, i noticed that u fucking swear a lot in your videos, keep up the good work...... :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on November 18, 2014, 06:44:44 AM
Yeah I have a few videos that are both me on camera as well as pictures, the thing about the slide show videos is that they take much longer to make because it takes several hours just to find good, hi res, relevant pictures with a 16:9 aspect ratio
ahhhh true. Either way. I liked the video.

vincent

I used to be a "just the facts, mam, kind of a man" about school. But, with the angst generated by schools in some students that would motivate them to bring a gun into class to shoot as many of their fellow students and teachers as they can b4 the cops kill them, I have come to the position that facts are not as important as teaching students how to feel secure in being the person that they are. This is a lot more difficult than just spewing out facts, it is about showing students that they are valued and loved.
And if a student has invested a lot of psychological capital in some junk theory, schools should not just pull the rug out from underneath him and expect him to just adapt to a new world view.
We would have to forbid anyone from teaching children any philosophical or religious doctrine till they are mature enough to deal with it. But, that is no solution either.

I don't know the answer to this question, but I do know that it is not a simple problem.

Was it ID or the truth about ID being a pseudo science that killed this child?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_0qxt7QYQ