News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

UAE lists CAIR as terrorist group

Started by baronvonrort, November 16, 2014, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baronvonrort

The UAE has listed the Council on American Islamic relations (CAIR) as a terrorist group.

www.wam.ae/en/news/emirates-international/1395272478814.html

CAIR are a political lobbying group for Islam in the USA, i wonder how they will respond to being called a terrorist group by the UAE.
www.cair.com

If the UAE can stop jailing rape victims like Alicia Gali there might be hope for them, the UAE supported the USA in wars over the last few decades,they even have a female fighter pilot blowing up the Islamic state.

I wonder what the leftists will say about CAIR being branded a terrorist group.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

That's all good and well except the story says absolutely nothing about what may have lead the UAE to make such a move.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jmpty

But I thought all Muslims were terrorists? How can Muslims condemn other Muslims? Who are the "real" Muslims? I'm confused.
???  ??

VladK

Quote from: Jmpty on November 17, 2014, 09:01:01 AM
But I thought all Muslims were terrorists? How can Muslims condemn other Muslims? Who are the "real" Muslims? I'm confused.

UAE's government's isn't exactly that moderate, the legal system still have some elements of Sharia law with a lot of unjust consequences.

As for why they might have added CAIR to a terrorist list: The founders of CAIR were also pretty high up in the IAP (Islamic Association for Palestine) with links to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. They've also been reported of making supremacist statements along the lines of "there should be Sharia law in the USA". In a memorandum of the MB, IAP is listed as a friend organization. The MB also expresses a desire to subvert the west from within and gradually make it more Islamic or as they say "to destroy western civilization from within" and "sabotage its miserabe house by *their* hands" (useful idiot westerners).

Strictly speaking it's not a violent group, (although some CAIR officials have been convicted for funding terrorist, look up Holy Land Foundation trial) but it's a certainly a 5th column. And they have some influence, they bully people into compliance with political correctness. They help get employers sued for not making Islamic accommodations in the workplace. They even complained that the FBI was getting wrong education on Islam because it mentioned jihad.

Now I don't know about you but if you think jihad is a "spiritual struggle", read verse 9:29

Foreign and domestic policy makers should keep this in mind. AQ/ISIS is NOT blowback (it's certainly the least important factor, Tibet was colonized by China, there are no Tibetan Buddhist terrorists blowing things up in China) ultimately it's the desire to bring back the caliphate and conquer the world.

pr126

Vladk wrote:
Quoteultimately it's the desire to bring back the caliphate and conquer the world.
What?! Are you crazy? Some kind of islamophobe?
No! It is the Christian theocracy which is imminent and far more dangerous than Islam will ever be.

Let's get you to a re-education camp.