News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We Love You But Hate The Sin

Started by Solitary, November 16, 2014, 07:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Christians are always saying believe in love, but these men and women who fight and die for are freedoms, are hated because of some ancient script made by mad men that only knew how to love imaginary figures. How can they not see the love in these pictures? Because they are blinded by the light of religious dogma.

Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Savior2006

When it comes to fundies I love the idiot but hate the idiocy.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on November 16, 2014, 08:04:51 PM
See, I don't love the idiot.
Yeah. I thought about the "I don't hate religious people, I hate religion"... but after I thought enough about it, I noticed that after someone believes something so fundamentally like christianity or islam or whatever, I realized that their core personality changes for the worse as well. So in some cases I don't like religious people as well as the belief that they're stuck in.

It's kind of like when someone starts hanging out with a shitty crowd. Beforehand they might not be an asshole, but when they start being around thier asshole friends enough, they become assholes also.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well isn't that special? They love us, but hate our sins.. Nice little way of justifying institutional discrimination. I love you, but just fucking die sinner..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Dionysiou

Well i'm a christian and my own brother says he's gay. Yes, i don't like the idea of him carrying on with other guys. There's not really any hate but there's definitely a lot of worry. I just don't want him to go to hell. Same as any other gay person i see.

Mermaid

Quote from: Dionysiou on November 17, 2014, 02:29:53 AM
Well i'm a christian and my own brother says he's gay. Yes, i don't like the idea of him carrying on with other guys. There's not really any hate but there's definitely a lot of worry. I just don't want him to go to hell. Same as any other gay person i see.
But there is no hell.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

AllPurposeAtheist

Or South Carolina... Ever?

And by the way..the next war might start here over the war of gay aggression.. :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

Quote from: Dionysiou on November 17, 2014, 02:29:53 AM

I'll just play devils advocate for a moment and pop this question. If hell was real, why are you convinced gay people automatically go to hell? Who informed you of this?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Green Bottle

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 16, 2014, 10:24:36 PM
Yeah. I thought about the "I don't hate religious people, I hate religion"... but after I thought enough about it, I noticed that after someone believes something so fundamentally like christianity or islam or whatever, I realized that their core personality changes for the worse as well. So in some cases I don't like religious people as well as the belief that they're stuck in.

It's kind of like when someone starts hanging out with a shitty crowd. Beforehand they might not be an asshole, but when they start being around thier asshole friends enough, they become assholes also.
I think i pity them more than hate them, well, some of them anyway.

Quote from: Munch on November 17, 2014, 01:07:10 PM
I'll just play devils advocate for a moment and pop this question. If hell was real, why are you convinced gay people automatically go to hell? Who informed you of this?
Has he been listening to them Crazy Bastard n Baptists....... :naughty: :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 17, 2014, 04:24:47 PM
I think i pity them more than hate them, well, some of them anyway.
True. That is better wording than what I said.

Solitary