What others have said about freedom of speach

Started by Solitary, November 15, 2014, 04:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

QuoteIf the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
Mark Twain

Here's a nation, one of the founding pillars was freedom of speech and freedom of expression. And yet, we have imposed upon people restrictions on what they can say, on what they can think. And the media is the largest proponent of this, crucifying people who say things really quite innocently.
Benjamin Carson

Freedom of speech means freedom for those who you despise, and freedom to express the most despicable views. It also means that the government cannot pick and choose which expressions to authorize and which to prevent.
Alan Dershowitz

Freedom, Fear, Violence
I believe that the freedom of speech should be protected, but so should a family's right to privacy as they grieve their loss. There is a time and a place for vigorous debate on the War on Terror, but during a family's last goodbye is not it.
Dave Reichert

Time, Family, War
The Internet's like one big bathroom wall with a lot of people who anonymously can say really mean things. It's fine, I believe in freedom of speech and I think people should think what they want, but I don't care to hear it.
Zooey Deschanel

Freedom, Care, Mean
Freedom of speech is, to all Americans, as oxygen is to the human condition. It is a right that has been irreversibly programmed into our hard drive. We are free to speak our minds. An artist's right to express him or herself as best suits their art, is the artist's prerogative and it is guaranteed.
John C. McGinley

Art, Best, Freedom
A state that suppresses all freedom of speech, and which by imposing the most terrible punishments, treats each and every attempt at criticism, however morally justified, and every suggestion for improvement as plotting to high treason, is a state that breaks an unwritten law.
Kurt Huber

Freedom, Law, High
I'm a big advocate of freedom: freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of thought.
Jimmy Wales

Freedom, Speech, Expression
I think my first album opened a lot of doors for me to push the freedom of speech to the limit.
Eminem

Freedom, Speech, Limit
America's greatest contribution to the world is its concept of democracy, its concept of freedom, freedom of action, freedom of speech, and freedom of thought.
Benazir Bhutto

Freedom, Greatest, America
Freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and freedom of religion all have a double aspect - freedom of thought and freedom of action.
Frank Murphy

Religion, Freedom, Action
The current total of countries in the world with First Amendments is one. You have guaranteed freedom of speech. Other countries don't have that.
Neil Gaiman

Freedom, Speech, Countries
If one more 'journalist' makes a cavalier statement about me and my band, I will personally or with my fans' help, greet them at their home and discover just how much they believe in their freedom of speech.
Marilyn Manson

Home, Freedom, Help
The Bill of Rights was intended to secure freedom of speech - the freedom of speech of members of parliament to speak freely rather than be at threat of... the threat of an over powerful monarch at the time.
William Hague

Time, Freedom, Rather
Being offended by freedom of speech should never be regarded as a justification for violence.
Alan Dershowitz

Freedom, Violence, Speech
In Iran, there is no freedom of the press, no freedom of speech, no independent judiciary, no free elections. There is no freedom of religion - not even for Shiites, who are forced by Iran's theocracy to adhere to one narrow set of official rules.
Elliott Abrams

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Johan

Point?

Again, what parts of 'Congress shall pass no law...' and employers are NOT congress do you not understand?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Solitary

What is your point? This has nothing to do with the Bill Of Rights. Trying to turn this into a response to your dumb remark at another post? The teacher was a black woman responding to a post directed to her by white people. How in the hell can you accuse her of being prejudice Johan Grahn?   O0
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.