News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fuck you Colorado Springs

Started by Poison Tree, November 06, 2014, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Tree

I knew Co Springs was full of loonies, but electing this guy? By 40 points.
QuoteGordon "Dr. Chaps" Klingenschmitt, a radical anti-gay Religious Right activist who brags of having once tried to rid of woman of the "foul spirit of lesbianism" through an exorcism and who openly proclaims that "American law needs to reflect God's law" and that our foreign policy must be based on the Bible, won election to the Colorado House of Representatives last night.

Klingenschmitt, who wrote a book about how President Obama is possessed by demons and once performed an exorcism of Obama, ran an utterly embarrassing campaign yet nonetheless managed to defeat his Democratic opponent by nearly 40 points.

Since Klingenschmitt is now officially an elected Republican legislator, it seems like a good opportunity to take a look back at the radical views he will now be bringing into the Colorado legislature.

Klingenschmitt is a viciously anti-gay theocrat who believes that gay people "want your soul" and may sexually abuse their own children, which is why he says they should face government discrimination since only people who are going to heaven are entitled to equal treatment by the government:

At least Hickenlooper is (nearly) still around to veto any shit bills Klingenschmitt manages to scrawl in crayon and sneak through the state legislature.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Solitary

Is it just me or are people really getting dumber and dumber?  :wtff:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

See when i hear this kinda shit coming from American politicians it makes me laff like fk an im no having a go at the US but ......   why are there so many people in America  that believe or agree wi this kinda,     total pishh..    ( as we would say)       It seems that  more than a few of your elected representatives  are total fucking loonytunes... :pray: :pray: :pray: :dance: :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Desdinova

How the hell did this idiot get elected?  I thought the State of Colorado was a bastion of liberalism.  Is this shit just localized to the Colorado Springs area?
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Desdinova on November 06, 2014, 12:15:52 PM
How the hell did this idiot get elected?  I thought the State of Colorado was a bastion of liberalism.  Is this shit just localized to the Colorado Springs area?
Air Force academy was taken over by the religious zealots.. God makes airplanes fly didn't you know?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Poison Tree

Quote from: Desdinova on November 06, 2014, 12:15:52 PM
I certainly wouldn't call it a bastion of liberalism; usually people call it a purple state. Boulder certainly is liberal and the cities trend liberal but the farm land (remember the attempt to secede from Colorado?) and especially Colorado Springs are overrun with conservatives.

Colorado Springs is full of religions (particularity evangelical) nuts and is the headquarters of a ton of christian groups including James Dobson's Focus on the Family, Association of Christian Schools International (who sued attempting to force colleges to accepts science credit for creationist classes), and  Andrew Wommack Ministries which combines faith healing and Anti-Homosexuality Bills. It has several unaccredited christian "colleges", including Patriot University where Kend Hovind got his doctorate. Its economy is reliant on the defense industry--almost 20% of employment comes from the Air Force academy, the two air bases and Fort Carson.

There may be a few other places in Colorado where a nut like this could have squeaked out a victory, but I'd like to hope that only the springs would have given him a double digit win--let alone almost 70 percent of the vote.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Atheon

Colorado Springs is festering with the mental disease called conservatism.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

Colorado Springs

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4287106

James Dobson and Focus On The Family

Ted "I'm not gay" Haggard has a church with 11,000 people in the congregation.

Colorado Springs was severely damaged in a wildfire a couple years back. Dozens of homes burned up. Hmmmm.......

Mike Cl

Quote from: Solitary on November 06, 2014, 11:15:54 AM
Is it just me or are people really getting dumber and dumber?  :wtff:

Yeah, I think you are right.  I call the general USA citizen a 'stupid fucking American', or SFA for short.  As my daughter said last night--'The SFA's sunk to a new low this time!'  I see our future as dim, dimmer and dimmest.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

That would explain the fire. Because the stupid, it burns!  :biggrin:

Jmpty

I was at Ft Carson for a while in the Army. I didn't notice anything odd about the people there, but I was drunk most of the time, or in the back of an APC, or both.
???  ??

stromboli

Think of it as a festering pocket of Christianity.

MagetheEntertainer

I can't help but think that alot of the intelligent people in CO were too high to stop this from happening.  I was grinning over the fact that CO's legal weed hasn't had any negative effects on the state so far, but I can't help but think there is a correlation here. 

AllPurposeAtheist

Those Coloradoans are missing the boat because everyone knows Jesus will ride in from west Texas on a white horse carrying 3 Colt .45s..not Colorado.. :pray:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.