No One Should Have The Right To Die Until God Is Done Toying With Them

Started by PickelledEggs, November 11, 2014, 01:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Hydra009

Put that way, it sorta makes God seem like a sadist.  Though God is simply a sockpuppet for the faithful's own opinions, what does that say about the faithful?

AllPurposeAtheist

It's pretty obvious why some die very young, as infants even. They simply would have never suffered in quite enough pain and agony anyway. I, on the other hand am truly blessed to have arthritis and sciatica and a bad heart so please Jesus, how about a 15 pound malignant tumor in my intestinal tract? How about leaving me half way on the railroad tracks and chop my legs off while you're at it? Better yet, can the house burn down around me and let me survive in the most excruciatingly painful way possible? And of course if you flay my skin off and leave me incapable of any movements at all I'll silently sing your praises! :biggrin:

Then again... maybe not.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

there is no free will, god knows all from the beginning to the end of creation, so if someone is going to commit suicide he already knows it, we are already judged one way or the other, so get on with your life and don't worry about.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 11, 2014, 01:46:04 PM
Put that way, it sorta makes God seem like a sadist.  Though God is simply a sockpuppet for the faithful's own opinions, what does that say about the faithful?

We all know that if there is a God, and if he does exist, he's probably a fat, middle-aged dude who gets his rocks off watching the reality show that is mankind.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

That was satire, but unfortunately many people think that way, and more every day---"suffering is good for the soul." Mother Teresa     :wall: Idiots!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

^ that and the deeply mistaken beliefs that this life is a sort of trial which determines ones afterlife paired with the belief that one's life is the property of God and thus only God himself should end it (which is downright comical considering the amount of slaughter in the Bible)

eylul

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 11, 2014, 04:23:28 PM
We all know that if there is a God, and if he does exist, he's probably a fat, middle-aged dude who gets his rocks off watching the reality show that is mankind.
why it cant be a "she"?

GrinningYMIR

*ponders*

Well I suppose it could be some middle aged woman who uses us as a soap opera/50 shades of grey combination
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

Quote from: eylul on November 11, 2014, 06:35:37 PM
why it cant be a "she"?

It can be, but I for one don't like to picture women as sadistic and hurtful.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: eylul on November 11, 2014, 06:35:37 PM
why it cant be a "she"?
I wouldn't put more shit on women's plates to deal with. They already need to deal with getting their share of equal rights; they don't need to identify with a supernatural megalomaniac...

Sent from your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on November 11, 2014, 06:56:53 PM
It can be, but I for one don't like to picture women as sadistic and hurtful.

My dad's wife fits the bill..

Desdinova

Death and suffering are the fuel that feeds all religion.  Without them, religions wouldn't exist.  I think it is therefore safe to say that religions inherently promote suffering and death.  It's in their DNA, ironically speaking.  Eliminate suffering and death and you eliminate religion.  Science could do that.   Science is religion's arch enemy
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Desdinova on November 12, 2014, 08:58:07 AM
Death and suffering are the fuel that feeds all religion.  Without them, religions wouldn't exist.  I think it is therefore safe to say that religions inherently promote suffering and death.  It's in their DNA, ironically speaking.  Eliminate suffering and death and you eliminate religion.  Science could do that.   Science is religion's arch enemy
Science is just science. It's neither good nor bad. It can do great things and it can just as well be used to destroy and kill things even innocuous stuff like grass and weed killer.