News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus Married Mary!

Started by Solitary, November 11, 2014, 11:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://abcnews.go.com/International/jesus-christ-wife-mary-magdalene-kids-book-claims/story?id=26805418

married Mary Magdalene, and the couple had two children.

In “The Lost Gospel,” set for release Wednesday, authors Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson argue that the original Virgin Mary was Jesus’ wife â€" not his mother â€" and that there was an assassination attempt on Jesus’ life 13 years before he was crucified.

The writers say they spent six years working on the book. Their arguments are based on an ancient manuscript dating back nearly 1,500 years, one they say they found in a British library, translating the text from an Aramaic dialect into English.

Mark Goodacre, a professor of religious studies at Duke University, is skeptical of the book’s findings.

“I don’t think that there is any credibility in these claims at all,” Goodacre said. “There is simply no evidence in this text or anywhere else that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene, much less that they had a couple of children.”

This is not the first assertion that Jesus was married. A fragment of an ancient Egyptian papyrus known as the “Gospel of Jesus’s Wife” was unveiled in 2012, containing the phrase “Jesus said to them, ‘My wife,” although the document was written centuries after Jesus died.
Of course it can't be true, everything written about Jesus was written centuries after Jesus died. Come on Christians, you can't have it both ways.  :doh:  :naughty: :lol: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Simcha Jacobovici is a flake film maker from Canada who did the "Naked Archaeologist" series on the History Channel. He is not an archaeologist, a historian or anything else. He tried to invent a story that "proved" the Exodus happened by linking together a whole bunch of unconnected historical events. He is a complete idiot and a sensationalist. Ignore him.

aitm

Quote from: stromboli on November 11, 2014, 12:08:30 PM
Simcha Jacobovici is a flake film maker from Canada who did the "Naked Archaeologist" series on the History Channel. He is not an archaeologist, a historian or anything else. He tried to invent a story that "proved" the Exodus happened by linking together a whole bunch of unconnected historical events. He is a complete idiot and a sensationalist. Ignore him.
Hey, in ten years kids will think Lincoln was a vampire hunter. I like it, lets add more bullshit to the already big pile of bullshit. Let xians spin it for awhile.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm still waiting for the book, Killing Bill O'Really?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 11, 2014, 02:42:04 PM
I'm still waiting for the book, Killing Bill O'Really?
Is the movie adaptation going to star Uma Thurman?

stromboli

You mean Lincoln wasn't a vampire hunter?  :sad2:

Brian37

It would not matter if the "lost book" was written 2,000 years ago, still would not make magic babies real or surviving rigor mortis real or curing blindness real or walking on water real. There never was a man named Jesus in either case, and there certainly is no God/man by any name.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

stromboli

This
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus_Decoded

on "Exodus Decoded" his TV film. Jacobovich managed to rope in James Cameron to direct it. A classic example of circle arguments, moving dates around to match historic events, changing locations to fit different scenarios and so forth.

kilodelta

Quoted from the updated Bible: "Jesus had two children. St. Nicholas (Santa Claus) the first child.  Kenny Rogers (really Will Sasso) the second child. Ted the third child who begat Fred who begat Rufus (from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure) who begat Jesus who begat Mary Magdalene. Then the figment tree of knowledge did say unto Fred the Bi-Baptist, go forth and render unto His that is His and no-homo."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

I have to be pretty honest here.. I could care less if they found concrete evidence that Jesus married a three legged dog and ran a BDSM shop from the back of a broken down Chevy van and was a meth addict who fucked chickens.. :think:
On the other hand it would make the bible more interesting..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli