Bernie Sanders wants to make election day a national holiday

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, November 07, 2014, 01:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 07, 2014, 01:26:47 PM
A great idea so therefore it'll never happen..

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/recent-business/democracy-day?utm_source=target&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Sign+Bernies+petition+to+establish+a+Democracy+Day+holiday+featuredlinkurl&utm_campaign=Target:+Petition+Make+Election+Day+a+Holiday+11-08.
If it was a national holiday, it is more possible that I would have had off from work (as would many other people) and the election's outcome would have been MUCH different. I am very annoyed that I wasn't able to get to the booth for this election...

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 07, 2014, 01:29:06 PM
If it was a national holiday, it is more possible that I would have had off from work (as would many other people) and the election's outcome would have been MUCH different. I am very annoyed that I wasn't able to get to the booth for this election...
Bingo..just the way the oligarchy likes it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 07, 2014, 01:32:48 PM
Bingo..just the way the oligarchy likes it.
It will only work until my generation is retired. Then they're fucked. But for a good... 30-50 years more.... we're fucked.

AllPurposeAtheist

Apparently your generation didn't much care either..
QuoteVoters 18- to 29-years-old made up only 13 percent of those who went to the polls on Tuesday, according to exit polls.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 07, 2014, 01:43:50 PM
Apparently your generation didn't much care either..
That's disappointing... Let's just hope we're not overly fucked like stromboli predicted.... although it certainly seems that way

stromboli

You're fucked, but you can lessen the impact by buying stock in the corporation that makes vaseline. You're gonna need it.......

kilodelta

Easy. Kill Columbus Day. Implement Election Day.

Fuck Columbus. He's a little bitch anyway.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

stromboli

Quote from: kilodelta on November 07, 2014, 02:36:06 PM

For sure. Honestly think Sanders is posturing anyway, because he has to know that it doesn't have a chance. He's made noise about a presidential bid.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: kilodelta on November 07, 2014, 02:36:06 PM

Try that in Columbus Ohio.. An otherwise sensible city still thinks Columbus discovered the capital of Ohio..

AllPurposeAtheist

Perhaps stop having elections a few days after Halloween so dead people don't vote...