The Hard Evidence for God's Existence: A Comprehensive Guide

Started by josephpalazzo, November 05, 2014, 06:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

QuoteSince the time of St. Augustine, theologians and scientists alike have been
desperately searching for evidence of God's existence. With this ground-breaking
work, Dr. Jenkins provides the final line in this centuries old debate. After
exhaustively searching through the scientific record, Dr. Jenkins has compiled
this comprehensive guide to all of the concrete, scientific proof which points
towards God's existence. This is an illuminating read for anyone curious about
the historic clash between religion and science.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1483962393/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1483962393&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwdebunkingc-20&linkId=I75VB6Z2QIBO2NHD

Have a good read?!!?

Hydra009

It doesn't seem very productive to publish an empty book.  Worth a chuckle, though.

Munch

Wait wait wait I can deduce this, I can read snow patterns. Its telling me that the patter of rabbit feet will signal the end of the non believers tyranny against the church in forcing it to pay tax.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Berati

Hey, there's no Kindle version yet??
I bet it would download instantly.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

stromboli

Quote from: Berati on November 05, 2014, 07:34:07 PM
Hey, there's no Kindle version yet??
I bet it would download instantly.

I'm not paying diddly for old information rehashed in a new format.  :naughty:

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on November 05, 2014, 07:30:43 PM
The rebuttal.......

http://www.godisobvious.org/?gclid=CODczerc5MECFcQ-Mgodlk8Agw
I normally don't criticique this sort of stuff.  But man, this is extra strength stupid!

I'm loving the opening line:  "Have a direct relationship with God ...or whatever you believe is unfolding life."

Really non-committal there.  In trying to appeal to as many people as possible, theists push such a vague God that I almost forget that they don't all believe in the same one.

Quote from: WebsiteAlmost everyone (92%) believes in God or a higher power.
Appeal to popularity.

QuoteThey believe that because they see life unfolding, and it's obvious to them that they are powerless over that unfoldment and that some "higher power" controls and governs the unfoldment of life.
Translation:  don't know how something works?  Goddidit!

And yes, unfoldment of life, whatever that means.  Rolls, right off the tongue, doesn't it?

QuoteYour higher power has been dividing your cells, growing your food, and guiding the Earth around the Sun. You did nothing to earn or deserve that relationship â€" it just happens, it's free, and it requires no middlemen.
Well, the Earth isn't so much "guided" as orbiting.  You know, gravity.  And the process of converting sunlight into carbs then breaking down carbs into energy isn't particularly mysterious.  As for middlemen, I think Sir Piggly would disagree.  As for food growing, that's actually human effort to a large degree.  It doesn't just spontaneously wind up in the supermarket shelf.  And it's definitely not free, sad to say.

QuoteReligions and spiritualities are businesses that sell back to you the relationship with higher power that you already have. For those businesses to work they must convince you that God is hidden, that you must earn and deserve to have a relationship with God, and that they alone can deliver God to you.
Oh man, that is soooo close to being correct!  They're businesses that sell you nothing and try to convince you that they're indispensable.  But close!

The Quiz:

1) Do you have faith that the sun will come up tomorrow?

No (Technically, I just have a great degree of confidence that it will based on prior experience)

2)  When the sun comes up tomorrow or you plant a seed and flowers grow, or when a child is born or someone dies, what do you call whatever causes and governs those things happening? (Check one or more box)

Nature, science, reality (yet another complex question as nothing "governs" these events - but science is our collective knowledge about planetary orbits, the process of germination, birth, and death - and nature/reality is the setting where this stuff takes place)

3) When you have good luck, why does that happen?

Written in answer:  luck doesn't actually exist.

4) Do you think the power that animates life is:

Written in answer:  There is no "power" that animates life.

And that's just the first page out of 7!  Gah!

stromboli

Just remember when you remove the "re" and "al" from rebuttal you're left with.......which is the target of jokes.  :biggrin:

Hydra009

The rest of the quiz is like a Scientology personality test.  It's seriously that screwed up.  I couldn't even finish it.

"Are you happy?  Can you increase the amount of happiness in your life?  Do you deserve to be happy?  Do you feel it’s wrong to be happy?"

QuoteWhat is the one question that, if it was answered, would make you happy, content and at peace with God?
What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?   :biggrin:

Green Bottle

:wtff:                  Thats what i said to myself after just a couple of lines..........   :popcorn:   
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 05, 2014, 08:42:33 PMAppeal to popularity.
And a badly-researched one at that. Evidently these people think we've never heard of Google.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel