News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Banning religion

Started by Drummer Guy, November 05, 2014, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Drummer Guy on November 10, 2014, 11:37:18 AM
You're a couple hundred years out of date, if I'm not mistaken.  It certainly started that way, but public perception isn't that royalty get any special powers from god.  They may be Christians, but it's similar to the head of a state being a Christian.
Public perception is irrelevant. The law is what needs changed, but since the law probably still states that the king/queen derived the power from god someone along the way needs to fire god..  Of course I'm not really up on what exactly Brit law says..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

Well isnt the queen the head of the church of england so we'd have to ban her as well as religion , yep, im all for it...
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

AllPurposeAtheist

Well, we sort of tried over here, but did a crap job of it.. We should have just invaded right after WWII and elected FDR as king.  Oh wait.. he died.. :shifty:

Drummer Guy

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 10, 2014, 01:24:10 PMlaw probably still states that the king/queen derived the power from god
Does the law say that?

Deidre32

I don't think it's possible to ban religion. People sometimes like doing things in 'secret,' so banning it won't stop the ideology. You can stop people from practicing religion in public, I guess...you can ban tax exempt statuses, making it harder for religions to form, etc...But, banning it might only make it more enticing.

Sadly, religion is little more than ideas and opinions, and you can't ban those.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

PickelledEggs

Banning religion is like religion Banning sexual thought. It's gonna happen anyway, might as well make a joke about it.

Sent from your mom

Brian37

"However" Nothing. We had the KKK dominate our government for a long time and even today it still exists, we have WBC and still do. And we also arrested Warren Jeffs for child molestation. We also arrest parents for child endangerment and or neglect when they hide behind religion.

You cannot ban religion for any reason. You can arrest or sue when they go beyond mere offensive speech. All we have is common law and those laws already ban acts of violence or calls to violence.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Ban religion and you'll get....
P E R S E C U T I O N..