News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

More Wisdom, This Time From A Catholic.

Started by Solitary, November 05, 2014, 02:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Quotehttp://churchandstate.org.uk/2014/10/catholic-archbishop-ebola-is-punishment-from-god-for-homosexuality/

By Michael Stone

Gays are under attack in Liberia after many Christian leaders, including Catholic Archbishop Lewis Zeigler of Monrovia, declared Ebola to be a punishment from God for the act of homosexuality.

Earlier this year, “more than 100 Bishops, Pastors, General Overseers, Prophets, Evangelists and other Ministers of the Gospel,” met under the auspices of the Liberian Council of Churches (LCC), to deliberate about the Ebola epidemic.

Ultimately, the Christian leaders unanimously endorsed the following resolution:

“That God is angry with Liberia, and that Ebola is a plague. Liberians have to pray and seek God’s forgiveness over the corruption and immoral acts (such as homosexualism, etc.) that continue to penetrate our society. As Christians, we must repent and seek God’s forgiveness.”

Previously, Archbishop Lewis Zeigler of Monrovia publicly declared the following concerning the Ebola epidemic:
Jesuse H Christ this is so fucking stupid I can't even believe it! It just shows even idiots can get in high places in the Church.  :axe: :axe: :wall:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Solitary on November 05, 2014, 02:52:16 PM
Jesuse H Christ this is so fucking stupid I can't even believe it! It just shows even idiots can get in high places in the Church.  :axe: :axe: :wall:
While this is obviously not good at all, the only thing I'm surprised about is how long it took for Catholics to start saying that.