Maldives girl gets 100 lashes as punishment for being raped

Started by Jason78, February 27, 2013, 05:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteAmnesty International condemned the punishment as "cruel, degrading and inhumane".
Is Allah cruel, degrading and inhumane?

It is Allah's punishment according to Quran 24:2
The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.

Rape in islam
QuoteThere is no equivalent term for 'rape' in the Qur'an. Likewise, there is not a single verse in the Qur'an which even remotely discourages forced sex. In contrast, there are several verses in this book which give the green light to rape and other sexual crimes against women.

FlatEarth1024

Quote from: "Plu"Eh, I'm siding with drunkenshoe this time. The topic has moved on, your assessment of it seems to be lacking, and you're the one who started with the unfriendly tone.
Her response might be a bit much, but she is right about this being crappy journalism and the article not telling the whole story.
You are siding with Drunkenshoe for the wrong reason.  Whether she is right or wrong, she often seems physically incapable of speaking to someone without launching into a stream of insults and name-calling.  So agree with whatever point she may or not be making in a moment of lucidity...but don't encourage the overbearing style of conversation she seems to enjoy.

Shiranu

Sorry, I agree with her. If you don't want people to beoverbearing, don't be agressive yourself and say something stupid (and continue to dig yourself in a hole when you are clearly wrong).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Shiranu"Sorry, I agree with her. If you don't want people to beoverbearing, don't be aggressive yourself and say something stupid (and continue to dig yourself in a hole when you are clearly wrong).
Except he wasn't aggressive.
He may have misunderstood what she said and responded to that, but that is no justification for a stream of abuse. "overbearing" does not describe someone who instead of saying "I didn't mean that, what I said was ____" says "YOU ARE A STUPID MORON HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT" etc.

It is ridiculous, she does it to anyone she dislikes or who disagrees with her. Thread going fine....people agreeing with her....one misunderstanding she explodes.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"accused me with advocating a rapist father. I called him a moron and a stupid.
& there it is. If someone accuses you of saying something because they misunderstood what you wrote, you correct them and explain what you actually wrote and meant.

Also a bit rich given the multiple, made-up accusations thrown at me that you refused to explain, and when I contested the accusations (like you tried to do in this thread, just really rudely) I got called a disgusting human being and a mentally ill kid.

Double standards all day every day with you.

wolf39us

DS:  You were banned for being belligerent, rude, insulting etc.

Shiranu

Quote from: "wolf39us"DS:  You were banned for being belligerent, rude, insulting etc.

If that's all it takes to get banned now, I guess I will talk to yall later, since you just described 3/4th of the posters...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "wolf39us"DS:  You were banned for being belligerent, rude, insulting etc.

If that's all it takes to get banned now, I guess I will talk to yall later, since you just described 3/4th of the posters...

He is talking about the chatroom, Shiranu.

Oh that's okay then, I don't even use it :P.

wolf39us

It was a temp ban by the way

Thumpalumpacus

lol, anytime there's disagreement here, seems like shit gets flung.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Plu

Doesn't just seem like!

Edit: The above is directed not any specific person, there are lot of people here who throw mud around and get intense in discussions. It seems to be part of the forum climate, and it doesn't bother. Just to clarify.

pr126

Oddly enough, I don't see much "disagreements" on threads concerning Christianity.
Apparently threads dealing with Islam seem to be more... emotional. Curious.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"

lol, anytime there's disagreement here, seems like shit gets flung.

I would say more like whenever there's a disagreement here there's a chance for shit flinging. It doesn't always happen.

But if drunkenshoe is involved that chance rises to 100% and the shit starts flying instantly without even a windup period where civilized dialogue wears thin and people become frustrated. You're just a moron right out of the gate with her. You disagree, you're a retard and its okay for her to call you a retard because she is always right.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

I now accept that on AF one can drag Christianity and Christians trough the mud 24/7 without any problem, no one will mind.

However, you have to be more sensitive, and watch your words carefully when discussing Islam and Muslims, lest be called a bigot or an islamophobe.

This is strange, because according to the AF ethos all religions are equal.
Apparently some are more equal than others.

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "pr126"I now accept that on AF one can drag Christianity and Christians trough the mud 24/7 without any problem, no one will mind.

However, you have to be more sensitive, and watch your words carefully when discussing Islam and Muslims, lest be called a bigot or an islamophobe.

This is strange, because according to the AF ethos all religions are equal.
Apparently some are more equal than others.

Is that actually a rule? Because I find the Islam to be a vile, disgusting, putrid mess of a religion and it provides a fine example of why we need to maintain a separation of church and state.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke