News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello Everyone

Started by Mathias, February 15, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathias

As I didn't want to open a topic just to introduce myself, I'll use this:
Hello everyone, my name is Rubens, I'm 48 years old and live in Campinas, São Paulo state, Brazil. I am a public servant (business analyst) and play bass in a Rock'n'Roll band. I really enjoyed the format of this site and hopefully forgive me for grammatical errors and similar, assuring them that compared to the idiosyncrasies and illogicalities of the "sons of the Jewish cosmic", will be almost the same as him, ie, anything!
Please, when I make mistakes like the bibles prophecies, LET ME KNOW!!!
Clear that only men and women of good will! :D
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

wolf39us

Waited after a few posts to make an intro?  Excellent lol

Welcome to AF

SGOS

Hey welcome.  I live just north of you.  Well, about 4000 miles north.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Mathias"As I didn't want to open a topic just to introduce myself, I'll use this:
Hello everyone, my name is Rubens, I'm 48 years old and live in Campinas, São Paulo state, Brazil. I am a public servant (business analyst) and play bass in a Rock'n'Roll band. I really enjoyed the format of this site and hopefully forgive me for grammatical errors and similar, assuring them that compared to the idiosyncrasies and illogicalities of the "sons of the Jewish cosmic", will be almost the same as him, ie, anything!

Welcome Mathias.  Hope you're happy here at this little corner of the internet. Looking forward to your posts.

cheers
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mathias

Quote from: "wolf39us"Waited after a few posts to make an intro?  Excellent lol

Welcome to AF

I'm glad you like it. Once in a while it's fun to be anachronistic...
Myself.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Mathias"
Quote from: "wolf39us"Waited after a few posts to make an intro?  Excellent lol

Welcome to AF

I'm glad you like it. Once in a while it's fun to be anachronistic...

Well crap. Aren't you going to be annoying?  I forgot it and had to look it up - damn you, SoobaSteve!

(kidding of course on the annoying part.  Not kidding that I had to look it up or the dammit)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

stromboli

Welcome. I've been an anachronist my entire life. Therapy doesn't help.

Mathias

Quote from: "SGOS"Hey welcome.  I live just north of you.  Well, about 4000 miles north.

Tks. Slightly above the moon, right?? :)
Myself.

Mathias

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "Mathias"As I didn't want to open a topic just to introduce myself, I'll use this:

Welcome Mathias.  Hope you're happy here at this little corner of the internet. Looking forward to your posts.

cheers

Tks Sabrina, you're very kind
Myself.

Mathias

Quote from: "stromboli"Welcome. I've been an anachronist my entire life. Therapy doesn't help.

Hi stromboli, your avatar will not let you lie!!! :)
Myself.

stromboli

Quote from: "Mathias"
Quote from: "stromboli"Welcome. I've been an anachronist my entire life. Therapy doesn't help.

Hi stromboli, your avatar will not let you lie!!! :)

I wasn't.

GodFree

so, first "Greetings"  and second, I'm not the world's smartest atheist, so..... how does one post if not replying?  Unlike many others, I was fortunate to not have to reject or give up religion, which means I can't relate to most atheists' stories of "coming out" or de-conversion or whatever...I was raised without religion, not that my parents ever spoke against religion much, but I wasn't ever taken to church, or really invited by school friends etc., mostly because I grew up in a very rural area and it just never became an issue.  I guess in rural Ohio, most assumed I was either Catholic or something else and it never became an issue.  I can only remember in Kindergarten when once each week we were taken to either Catholic or some other non-catholic christian church.... I told my Mom I didn't want to go and she must have talked to the school, because after that I never had to go - got to stay behind and draw, which I liked and never really thought about it. Some word must have gotten around, because eventually I was joined by two other "heathens" and we happily drew, etc, don't recall anyone ever talking about it, and in first grade no one went so never became an issue. (this would have been about 1963 or so....
Life-long atheist, (freethinker, agnostic, never believed also apply)

Mike Cl

Welcome, GodFree, you were one of the fortunate ones!  To post a new post, click on 'home'.  It will show you a list of categories.  Click on the appropriate category and then find at the top of that page 'new'.  Click on that and then make your post.

Look forward to your posts.  And when I go to a new site, finding stuff can make one feel not that smart.  It only takes trial and error and then it will second nature.  I'll hold my opinion on your 'smarts' until later. :)))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

I think when you're a new member, you're supposed to only reply to threads, not make them. Apart from your introduction thread, of course, which you're evidently declining to use. lol

At least I think that's a rule. Can't seem to find the place where it's mentioned, or the exact number of posts you're supposed to make before making a thread. Don't worry too much about it. I don't expect you'll make a lot of trouble.

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your time here.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GodFree

Um.... (further evidence of my ignorance - at least with what is now called forums and computers - for example, I seriously don't even know much about how to save anything on Word)  I did not think I was starting a new topic - I thought I was responding to not making a new - whatever.... sorry, much better at talking, no really.....English is my first language

Life-long atheist, (freethinker, agnostic, never believed also apply)